klawr is a plugin to use C# as ‘script’ language (not entirely correct, since its compiled into a dll) to use in UE4 (4.8.1-4.8.3 at least, until epic does some harsh changes in UFUNCTION/UPROPERTY, it should work with later versions too).
Whats works now:
- Write C# classes and expose them to Blueprints (adding a KlawrScriptComponent to an actor)
- Read/Write C# class properties (exposed by the UPROPERTY attribute)
- Call Blueprint exposed c++ functions from C#
- Works currently only on Win64 (plan is to port to CoreCLR when they fixed some showstoppers)
- Only Blueprint exposed functions can be called from C# (not that many are exposed)
- Make C# methods callable from blueprints DONE
For installation and usage please read the Readme.md in the repository. You won’t have problems if you follow the instructions.
When you add a KlawrScriptComponent for the first time in a project and nothing happens, just restart the editor. It will load properly afterwards.
I’ll keep this post updated
Edit: 4.10.1 works just fine too