[PLUGIN] - Import GIS Data into UE4

I agree, not a great start to something with such potential.

Hi chaps, apologies for the lack of progress recently. TerraForm is a side project for us and I’m afraid we got a little side tracked with our day jobs. Unfortunately our main C++ developer hasn’t had a great deal of time to work on the project recently and we’re looking for additional support to pick up the pace of development. If anyone has experience in C++ and knows UE4 well, please get touch - we’d love to hear from you.

I got “This site is not secure” message after clicking on the link in the first post.

hi, awesome plugin, but i have a question, is there any manuals to import not USA gis data? I want to create a landscape of my city, but it is not in the United States and there are no high-resolution images on the sites you submit. Can you help me?

Website not updated, last version of the app not released yet… Doesnt sounds good :frowning:

Very good pluging. just buy one in this morning . waitting for a new version.

Any updates on development? I could really use this plugin on a project we are bidding on. I would be interested in helping with the C++ work. Please contact me directly by email at jeffrey_ian_wilson@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Jeff

The plugin seems dead…

Dear All,

Sincere apologies for the lack of action here of late.

Unfortunately the original developer was unable to continue development and we’ve had to re-write the plugin from scratch. We’ve updated the website and tutorials and are working on adding more content as regularly as we can (aiming for a new tutorial every week).

We’ve started using the Open Source QGIS software in the tutorials - it’s free and open to everyone. Tutorials are step by step, so you should have plenty of info to help you get into it. QGIS is really quite powerful and gives us more options for preparing GIS data prior to import into UE4, so overall control is improved. I’ll put together tutorials using GIMP for image processing where necessary so people have the option to use Photoshop.

We’ve just released the latest version, TerraForm 2.0.3. for Unreal Engine 4.24.3, with the following features:

1. Import DTM as Landscape.
  2. Import Vector Lines as Landscape Splines
  3. Import Vector Lines as Blueprint Splines

With this you can:

• Import geotiffs and create landscapes of any proportion (rectangular/square etc). A client is currently generating tiles of 200km x 200km (40,000 kmsq) of 25m DTM with road and rail vectors up to 200,000 vertices. (Obviously this is an extreme use case and poses some additional questions, but TerraForm’s import the data no problem.)
  • Import .shp lines to create roads, rail and to modify landscape materials/deform the landscape for trails/clear paths. Can also be used for generating river beds and clearing paths in vegetation for power lines etc.
  • Import .shp lines into blueprints to create virtually anything else you might want. So far we’ve played around with creating strings of power lines, road/rail traffic, crop fields (we can use blueprints to close line segments into an area). We’re fiddling with buildings at the moment too.

The next version will be available shortly (within Q2, 2020) with the following:

We’re finalising:

1. Import Vector Points as Landscape Actors
  2. Reading GIS attributes to drive auto-selection of actors and setting spline import parameters.

Beyond that, we’re working on areas and more. Roadmap on our website at www.terraformpro.com.

We’ll update the plugin for future versions of UE when stable versions are released.

We’re no longer separating out Lite/Pro etc. We’ve moved to a subscription model, which allows you to use the plugin as much or as little as you like. There’s now a single version of TerraForm for everything.

There’s a free trial available too. Subscribe and you get 10 days to play for free. We won’t charge your card until the trial period is up. Cancel anytime.

We’ve re-shuffled everything and we’re now full-time on TerraForm.

Feel free to drop me any questions here or directly at [EMAIL=“paul@terraformpro.com”]paul@terraformpro.com. It’d be great to hear any feedback.

Best,

Paul

2 Likes

This is a Good News.

Great took, exploring possibilities. What do you recommend for international locations? I checked the USGS but logically the information for some areas in Asia, is practically nill. Could OpenStreetMap work?

Are there any news about TerraForm?