[Plugin] Http/s REST, blueprintable JSON query and Parse API manager [VaRest]

Use tokens as the Steam does. There are a lot of techniques how to implement it, but it’s better to look info about it on web dev forums :slight_smile:

It shouldn’t be a problem once you have tokens for authenication. If user wants to use any other “client” - let him use it, but you should restrict his possible operations by API itself. In result, there will be nothing to hack :slight_smile:

Thanks, but I’m haven’t it. Your comments here is the best reward for me :slight_smile:

Haha alright, its done the most easy possible way, I’m a little paranoiac when it comes to security and often overthink stuff, this said tokens passed through HTTPS should do the job indeed :slight_smile:

Thank you for your insight and effort with the plugin, its very much appreciated, VaRest is going to be at the center of our work in coming weeks ^^.

Hey guys - I am looking to use parse and json to store server lists for my server browser. The main issue that I’m having here is I wouldn’t know where to start! Can any one link some resources on where to start with such a task? Sadly to a novice like me the wiki page doesn’t explain usage clearly enough.

I cannot for the life of me get this to compile on a Mac. Has anybody figured this out? I will pay you money to get this to work with 4.4 or 4.5 on Mac, PM me :slight_smile:

It’s strange, but I haven’t Mac to make test on my own. What are the errors on Mac?

Update for UE 4.6 preview: Release VaRest 1.1-rc7 · ufna/VaRest · GitHub

I did work with an earlier version of vaRest, which is great! However I’m trying to make this plugin work on 4.6 now (downloaded your latest version 4.6 preview). I’m getting the Rebuild message, when I try to rebuild it fails and could not be compiled. What should I do to make it work? (I tried to run it in a clean C++ first person project). Thank in advance

According to this thread it needs to be recompiled specifically for the mac:

Hi, and thanks for this awesome plugin! Does this work with non-english strings? “Get String Field” doesn’t seem to work for me with non-english characters (russian and chinese), is there maybe a workaround for this?

Hi,
this plugin is awesome and thank you for developing it!
But I have a strange problem with Parse integration. It works on Windows but on Android no… Other JSON requests work good on Android… How can I resolve this problem?

Thank you.

It seems to occur only when I do HTTPS request… For example works but doesn’t work… So Parse.com (because only support HTTPS) doesn’t work on Android…

Hey! I’m wondering if VaRest supports responses in the format of an array? Currently all I see supported is the Get Response Object where I feel like a Get Response Array node should also be available.

Thanks!

Could you make a basic tutorial on how to PUT/POST and GET to and from a MySQL server? I’ve been trying to learn how to use this for the past week and I haven’t had any breakthroughs.

This plugin is for interacting with a RESTful server, not a MySQL server. You can wrap a MySQL server with a RESTful server, but writing one is significantly out of scope for this plugin.

It looks like MySQL actually does come with a RESTful API now. Look at MySQL Offers a REST API for more information. Basically it looks like you need to enable and possibly configure a plugin, and then you can access the API over http with this plugin.

It supports arrays in JSON format. You just need to fetch the json response and then use GetArrayField() function to get the array data.

Hrmm - am having some difficulty with this.

I have a response with format:

{“FirstName”:“Awesome”,“LastName”:“Plugin”,“HighScore”:“642”},
{“FirstName”:“Facing”,“LastName”:“Worlds”,“HighScore”:“377”},
{“FirstName”:“YouBe”,“LastName”:“Dead”,“HighScore”:“321”}]

The response content reflects this, however the response object is empty meaning cannot try GetArrayField().

As a test I tried to construct an object with the string returned by the content and this failed.

However using just: {“FirstName”:“Awesome”,“LastName”:“Plugin”,“HighScore”:“642”} Works fine.

Am sure I am missing something simple.
Can anyone show how they have used a JSON array as the response?

Thanks for the plugin by the way.

Thanks so much for this awesome plugin ufna! I used it in my project to make a crude server browser. It works great! :cool:

(The project is in my signature. If you need any storage or web space I’m giving some away on the shared host and vps I set up. Least I can do for your work!)

*Also, if anyone wants to steal a crude server browser system you’re welcome to download the stuff I built and adapt it. (It’s a work in progress.)

I am having exactly the same issue as Anyone has any ideas why it is not working or what we do wrong?

Thanks!

Could u please provide an url to test the example with?

If you need an example url, I have one at hand: http://api.blackboxvr.com/getlist.php - very simple but I use it to test it.

Thanks!