[PLUGIN] DynamicNode - Very large animation plugin(Locomotion,Swimm,Flying,Ragdoll,IK,CCDIK,LookAt)

Pretty strange. I checked on a test project - everything is OK, my steps are:
0. Opened the DemoProject

1. Created a new blueprint, based on Character
  2. Set : mesh, camera, input(I copied from the demoChar)
  3. Created two functions:

1. Set AnimClass(Took from the DemoChar):

Everything works without problems.

Is lag compensation based on the MovementComponent? Yes, of course I will use it

Work on adding network support is in progress.

Yes it based on character movement component, and based on what you are saying out looks like my character bp needs to be a child bp of DNCharacter c++ class for the functions and macros to work also I believe macro don’t replicate in a networked project I try to use macro for client - side calculations only.

The DNCharacter (+DNMovementComponent) contains a bunch of additional functions (about 31), but MoveMachneExt(+Multi) is not one of them. Also contain 2 additional types of movement - swimming and prone.
Macros contain internal functions, these functions operate on data. I try to make this data replicable so that all the code in the event tick works both on the server and on the client

By the way, in the near future I will release a small add-on to the plugin.
One of the changes will affect the work of MoveMachneMultiExt , I will add new types of Blend for some situations.
Also, perhaps, I will add support for pivot animations

If you want, you can send me your animations that you use in MoveMachneMultiExt , I will try to take them into account when working with the updated MoveMachneMultiExt (I will remove them from my computer as soon as I release the add-on. I just have very few animations for the test=) )

Ahh, I see well what I’m gonna do is start up a clean project and the plugin and use MoveMachineMultiExt and see what happens. I will send you all the animations I’m working with on my next free time and thank you for your responses this plugin is amazing the fact that has full body IK blows my mind thank you again :slight_smile:

Take a Look(New features):

In addition to what you see on the video, I improved the work of all Old MoveMachineExt
I’m still waiting for your animations for testing. I want to release this add-on soon

yes after tomorrow i will send you all the locomotion animations i’m using. Really nice features the pivot that will definatly help me as im working on pivots animations.

I am preparing a great addition soon.

It will improve the operation of all machines. This is especially true for move machines

I will introduce support for 2 new types of BlendSpaces (90 degrees X Speed - for moving on the Ground, 90 degrees(L-R) X 90 degrees(U-D) - for flights and swimming)

Pivot support will be introduced (2 different options / support for BlendSpaces 2D)

Support for stopping separately for each leg (which leg ahead will be calculated automatically)

I will improve Ragdoll and exit from it in different environments (Air,Water etc)

Support for montages with root motion in State Machines will be introduced .
This is necessary if you want to get into a car or just sit on a chair - I will add the car to the test project with an opening door, I want to include a small mini-game like GTA in the test project.

A new type of movement in the Movement Сomponent (the ability to move backward, when saving the type of control - bOrientRotationToMovement)

I’ll introduce a new type of class - to select a transitional animation when transition from one animation to another.
Now you can set transition animations very easily

Suppose when you transition from one idle pose to another.
You may need additional intermediate animation, but not in all cases.

You fill in the structure like that, in the transition from this animation to another, an intermediate animation should play, in all other cases make a direct transition

Fixed a bunch of small bugs

I did a great job for preparing the plugin for working on the network (I will introduce full support for working on the network in the next addition)

Good to see you are actively updating this system. I am likely picking it up soon. It looks crazy amazing and extremely helpful!
Climbing will definitely be a major bonus!

Cheers!!

Yes, I have big plans for adding new, improving old content.
Many interesting things are expected. Please Stay tunned
I will try not to disappoint=)

A big update is coming, I’ve been testing it for a long time - I want it to work without bugs

I’m getting an error… Wrong Index in hain (chain?) HandIndex = 0

Are you using a standard Unreal mannequin? Does it have LODS?

Also, could you send me a screenshot of the Anim graph, how is the DynamicNode connected there?

If you are using ALS, then it should look something like this

Also, this error may not affect the operation of the algorithm as a whole, because it is called in InitializeBoneReferences, and this function is often called more than once, and perhaps the algorithm passes initialization

If all else fails, write me tomorrow, I will make it work) - European time is already night

Is it possible to get a EXE compiled example to test out how it looks and RESPONSE to inputs ? :slight_smile: Im looking for something that will help create FPS melee weapons system.

Write me on my email pls detereny86@gmail.com

Hello, is there a way to get the legs of quadrupeds to remain vertical when on slopes?WantedIK.png

Hello!
Try this:
DN_SetAltAlgorithmLegsIK(1)
but I’m not sure if this will help.
In principle, if so nedeed, I can add this feature to the next version of the plugin

Hi Anadre, thank you for the reply. I tried DN_SetAltAlgorithmLegsIK(1) but it didn’t have much of an effect on the angle of the legs. Having quadruped legs remain vertical would definitely be a feature I would be interested in, especially if it has some parameters to let the legs align somewhere in between vertical and the surface normal. When would you be able to add this?

I think for the next version, which will be very soon - I will add this feature

I will add 2 functions:

1. Offset from the position of the foot, regarding what, we will rotate the leg (in Component Space) - just Set once.
    Of course, I myself could calculate the upper leg bone, but this approach will give more flexibility

2. Alpha - so you can choose your desired value(It’s like the difference between your pictures, 0 - 1)

The rotation of the leg itself will occur automatically of course, depending on the tilt of the surface

And these values can be changed in Runtime
You can also customize each leg separately.

I just got the DynamicNode Plugin and, after enabling the plugin and restarting, I tried to create an animation BP for just the basic third person starter project. Anyway, as soon as I connect the dynamicnode node to the state machine and compile, Unreal crashes. This is the error log I get:

What’s going on?

Hello!
Please use the version 4_24 - it is more stable at the moment. And there with this error there will be no crash.
This error occurs for this reason:
“You Can use the Dynamic Node Only with the AnimMultiNodeInstance_DN, please create a new AnimationBlueprint derived from the AnimMultiNodeInstance_DN, Or you can use ReparentBlueprint”

Also, please see the tutorial 1 part. In the video in the first seconds it is said about it