[Plugin] Android Camera

Will I be able to use in a game I am creating to sell?

It is possible for iOS ?

hi @RLewallen13 yes totally free
hi @AnaroGames, sorry it is just for Android

I photoshop this picture what showing on my phone. Is there somewhere I can change setting for only Portrait and fullscreen? Landscape orientation work great except blurry.

Oh wow big picture. my bad lol

Hi @RLewallen13, sorry but my plugin doesnā€™t handle the device orientation for you, only retrieve the camera pixel stream

Awesome!!! Thank you so much dude, youā€™re amazing haha!

is it working for 4.15? is it possible to get the front face camera? i really need this feature :slight_smile:

Hi Vittix.

Not yet, did you tried? if is broken let me fix it for you

Thank you for the project - looks very good and working on version 4.15.3 (after it rebulied the package), and also working on my phone S7 Edge, Android version 7.
ZkarmaKun - do you have experience with OpenCV?
I would like to use face detection from OpenCV or object detection so it will work on my Android device - via Unreal of course.
If you have experience with that iā€™d like you to contact me and see if you could help me with my project.

Thanks,

hey ZkarmaKun,

thank you for your work but it seems that i canā€™t get it working. Right now i am using 4.17 with an Android 6.0.1. should it work with this combination? I changed the Target SDK to 21 and my Blueprint is the same as yours.

never mind, i just forgot to set the with the parameter name. :slight_smile:

hi @4DI yes I have experience with opencv but only in windows and mac, I made a early integration for UE and android looong time ago, but yes I will send you a message, and sorry for the delay the next time please tag me, otherwise I will not aware of your msgs, and BTW @RedundantLlama I have not idea, should work if you use runtime permissions, let me test at home:p

Hi, Iā€™m very thanks for this plugin.
And I need to use front camera.
But Iā€™m not good at C++ or Java.
So can you teach me how can I use front camera?
Please~

I changed " open camera () " -> " open camera (1) "
Then works greatly~
But I combined my project &sample project.
Then Itā€™s blinkingā€¦
Maybe I do something wrongā€¦

Please someone help meā€¦
Itā€™s blinking like white, white, white, picture, white, white ( some right image, many white image)
Sample project works great.
What is problem?

Hey ! Is there any way we can turn on autofocus for the camera in use. Thanks

Hi ppl. Late to the party, but I wanted to know if someone got this plugin to work with 4.19. After updating the build script (including redirecting the main Android header in the plugin to ApplicationCore\Public\Android\AndroidApplication.h) I got it to compile but unfortunately the box remains dark gray. Any help appreciated.

Hi @DrHobo I did stop the development because now there is an official plugin for android inside UE 4.19, you should try it!

Hi . Yes, Iā€™m aware of this, but 4.19 relies on ARCore, which eliminates a bunch of ā€œolderā€ phone and tablets. It would have been nice to have something working on my Galaxy Tab 10.1. Iā€™ve been trying with 4.16 and getting AndroidWorks old binaries and setup to make it work is a pain (crash, crash, crash).

zkarmadoes this allow you to focus the camera by tapping om the screen? This function is so simple. Im surprised its not included with UE4

A couple of changes and still builds with 4.20.3:

AndroidCamera.Build.cs :

public AndroidCamera(ReadOnlyTargetRules Target) : base(Target)   // updated ... was public AndroidCamera(TargetInfo Target)

and

string pluginPath = Utils.MakePathRelativeTo(ModuleDirectory, Target.RelativeEnginePath); // was... string pluginPath = Utils.MakePathRelativeTo(ModuleDirectory, BuildConfiguration.RelativeEnginePath);

I know that it has been written that development has been stopped because of an official version. HOWEVER, even with that, this is useful in many ways including: the ability to add things at the Java Android level programmatically such as the aforementioned autofocus issue, and because this shows how to integrate Android code via C++ AND Blueprints - in such a simple example format, everyone who is using Unreal and programming specifically for the Android device should check this out!

It has been a few years since my Java/C++ coding, Iā€™ve mostly used JavaScript (unrelated to Unreal work) and Blueprints, so I am a bit rusty, so I do have a teensy ask for anyone who is still viewing this thread - is there a way to send data to and from blueprints/c++/Android flavored Java? For example if I wanted to send a the current parameters for the camera width and height (but it could be anything thatā€™d make the journey) TO Blueprints or, on the other side of the trip, send text FROM Blueprints to the Android voice synthesizer (as an example). Thanks much!

EDIT/ADD
I had forgotten ONE other change I made to make this work.

in AndroidCamera.cpp change:

#include "../../../Core/Public/Android/AndroidApplication.h"

to

#include "../../../ApplicationCore/Public/Android/AndroidApplication.h"