Pickup structure from radial menu only.

http://puu.sh/pop5l/77c475b70a.png

Should also check the tribe governance as well on the right side of the targeting team check branch, to make sure the tribe member is allowed to pick it up.

The “Return Use Entry” or “Set” node is a “local variable” you have to create

Once you make the variable, alt+drag it to graph to make a “Set”, then ctrl+drag for the “get” you need to connect to the ReturnNode

what links the 2 targeting teams together is an “integer = integer” or Equal (Integer) as it will be displayed in devkit

Ok, so I managed to get this to work with the following setup, but I still having a small problem. It seems anyone running a German translated version of my mod it doesn’t work. It doesn’t give the timer. It shows the menu option but you can just e and pick up still. May not be a big deal since i’m adding a lot of stuff to this, but figured I see if anything jumps out that may be of cause.

How or where is this translation occurring? The fact that it’s saying "Aufheben ‘x’ ", which Google gives confusing results but reasoning tells me it just stands for Pick Up “x”, then without further information I can only presume this translation occurs before anything else. If this is the case, then it’s not finding the entry because it’s looking for an English word.

I do not profess to know how the translation actually occurs, and how it is processed, but if this translation is a result of a global translation - and is not just a one-off copy of your mod specifically translated - then I expect my presumption above holds true and placing in a secondary check should get around this. So a second Find Substring searching for the German equivalent - evidently this is Aufheben - with a greater than -1 check and replacing the branch condition with an OR Boolean will return it to working condition.

However, because this occurs for the German translation, then it will also happen to any of the other languages as the logic is looking for an English word. In this case, you’re better off resorting to checking the use index - which should never change - with an Is Equal check, I believe the index is 203(you can verify this yourself by placing a structure and then upon opening the Radial Menu - each Use Index is shown beneath the text on each entry).

-WM

Never use a string to find the right entry in the array. Here is a very cool tutorial from Mezzow about adding new entries to the radial menu: https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?95296-Tutorial-Example-Adding-custom-MultiUse(Radial)-menu-entry-action

Here is how i solved it:
1b6533f0994bfd79e8aef1903984489428c81fd8.jpeg

But there is still another problem i have found:
If i pickup the item, it’s more like i have destroyed the item rather then picked it up. That means its in my inventory after pickup but it’s plays the destroy sound and shows the destructible mesh :confused: … can someone confirm this?

Mine does this in the editor - but when I cooked the mod and run it on my server - it does not do the destruction mesh & sound.

Nice info, thx, but i tryed today and it did not work :(. Is there a special setting for this or something?

Update:
I found out that in singleplayer the same problems occour but not if the mod was run on an dedicated server.

I copied the code from Temil2006’s post and the radial menu text appears, however it has no functions when I press or hold E. I can’t even do the default destroy option. I also tried to use the other options here but I’m not seeing how to add the “Target Targeting Team” node. I am brand new to Blueprints so I’m not sure what I’m missing here. Any help please?