Physx/APEX Destruction

, I have created a DM. Thin wall and took out chunks in the middle of the wall and the rest remains. Plus the wall does not fall over. Using 4.6. The “mycharacter” BP. When I run the game I don’t see the parts of the BP executing. This does not work in 4.6???

Can you provide any other details to what’s going on?

The details you’ve listed are rather vague, at least as I read them they are. :confused:

What are you doing with the MyCharacter BP that you’re not seeing execute? Provide plenty of detail and I’ll see if I can replicate and offer some feedback.

I shooting at my DM using the InputAction Fire. In the MyCharacter BP. The BP says Simulating, but I don’t see ball proj or Imput Fire doing anything.

Have you set the collision for the Ball mesh in your Projectile BP to custom collision and and overlap setting for Destructible. Then in your DM you’ll need to set the collision to custom and overlap for Projectile.

Also, make sure that your DM has impact damage enabled along with an impact support depth of 0 or more.

, I would start a new thread. I do have PhysX/Apex kind of working.

, any chance you could setup a DM using 4.6.1 and the Shooter game?

What are you trying to setup, like how do you want the DM to behave? What have you tried so far that isn’t working the way you like? I can probably help you get something going. :slight_smile:

, look at this movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifoqNHxPCVE

Some thing like this. I would need a short tutorial.

Unfortunately, This gets into a whole area I have hardly any experience with. Replication is a beast in it self. I did attempt messing with DMs and replication at one point but couldn’t get any results similar to the video you’re seeing. I know there are some users on the forums that that have been able to do so, just not me. If I had the time to really learn a lot of the replication stuff and start figuring it out I would and I would gladly put a tutorial together, alas bugs and crashes come first.

It’s definitely on my ever growing bucket list of things to learn and setup some examples, but my time is kind of limited with some things. :confused:

If I do figure anything out I’ll post it here first since this is going to be my dumping ground for some older projects I’ve tested with or mini-tuts for whatever. Mostly DMs though: [TUTORIALS] Photons Be Free: Mini-tutorials and other curiosities - Community & Industry Discussion - Epic Developer Community Forums

I’ll gladly pass any information along if I come to it.

Hi , Sorry for not replying for so so long. Ive not logged into this account for nearly 1 year and 6 months. I realised I wasn’t ready to start developing a game back then (Oct 2014) and forgot about this thread but now I am back and ready :-).

I just wanted to say a big thank you for the information you have provided and sorry for not replying sooner.

Also a thank you to the others who have posted in this thread.

Thanks again