Physics Interaction: Doors and Locks

Hi, in case you missed it I’ve sent a PM. For some reason my first post is breaking the page and I had set post count to 40, so I couldn’t write here. Now I’ve set it to lower and at least can write.

Anyway, I checked drawer in demo but didn’t have any issues. Maybe you are standing in front of it while opening, which shouldn’t create any stutters but would prevent drawer from opening all the way. However, for situations like that I’ve implemented the ability to set custom “Collision Profile”. You just need to create a new collision profile which ignores your character’s collision type, then enter the new Profile’s name into drawer’s Detail Panel -> Static Mesh - advanced -> Collision Profile.
But if that is not the issue you are having, then I’m really curious what it could be. Please make a video so I can at least see what is going on.

Also please use the support email(you have to sign in to see the address) since I’m not sure if sharing any pictures or videos would break forum or not. Thanks!

I just tried doing but unfortunately it seems impossible to achieve. It was a nice idea though. I’ll add it to a private features list in case I stumble upon a way to do it in future. Thanks!

Hi can you explain a bit more about creating collision profile? I have never heard of this before and when I google the phrase I get no results. When I search without quotes I can’t find anything that sounds like what you are describing.

Oh sorry about that, the naming is a bit off I guess. Here is a link to official documentation. In that tab click Preset to expand it and double click PhysicsActor to see how it is setup. Then create a new preset with same attributes as PhysicsActor except set Pawn (in case you’ve modified collision of your character, your character’s collision component’s Collision Type) to Ignore. Name it whatever you want, then in level select Drawer, in Details Panel -> Static Mesh - advanced -> Collision Profile type the name of newly created preset.

Yep that fixed it. Sorry for jumping the gun there. Though that didn’t explain why I was having a similar issue on the demo I downloaded from your marketplace page. I figured out what happened there. When I opened your demo I still had the editor open and I think steam VR was still set to that so when I tried to play your demo in VR it had those weird issues. In fairness, I should have followed the golden rule on this one. If no one else has complained about the issue and you are the only one experiencing it then very likely the issue is with something you are doing lol

Glad it worked in the end! But that stutter got me really curious because I’ve never experienced something like while making+testing.
Don’t worry about it, you might actually be the first one to find the problem due to a very specific circumstance or it’s just UE4 throwing a tantrum, haha.
Have a great one! :slight_smile:

Spring Sale - 30% OFF
Marketplace link: Physics Interaction: Doors and Locks (drawers, windows, chests and more) in Blueprints - UE Marketplace

Hi again Nicat. I noticed the Openable BP when without locks, are still openable via walking through them with player force. They don’t ‘lock’ without a lock. How to have them unlock/lock using grab/release interaction?

Is it possible to turn off Door Collision while in grab use motion for VR?