Persistent Graphics Menu

Ok, so I just watched the video on it (which would have answered my question :rolleyes:). From what I’ve seen, all that is really needed is a “Head bob” checkbox and an enable/disable HMD. Other settings, such as player height and IPD are controlled through the driver software/runtime.

Oh just that is indeed easy. I meant the more advanced controls explained here : A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

Hehe when I say “VR functionality” I thought of more complex stuff like disabling “walking bob” effect for your games when VR is on, disabling camera shakes, applying a global PP saturation or color grading to dim the world a bit to prevent headaches, adjustung the height according to your main character etc. Like a general “turn VR on for this game AND tweak other options accordingly” button rather than just a “turn VR on” button.

Just turning it on and off is indeed as easy as that - this is all my theoretical knowladge on the subject of course, not having the device myself I can not claim to know it for sure : ) This is how I had semi-planned to go with it for my game though; an option to simply turn on and off VR that also tweaks the other necessary settings, and then an advanced tab that let’s players tweak those other settings themselves in case they want to. Naturally this is the “VR functionality” I had in mind for a menu if I decided on doing it.

Ah, ok… so more of an “advanced settings” then. Gotcha.

One thing to note though about player height, is that it is controlled by the position of the camera. For the immersion effect, you don’t want to change the actual height (Z-offset) of the camera, since, for example, if my character is a dwarf character, but IRL I am 8’ tall, if I look down, I’ll see, next to my knees, the neck/body/etc of my character… In the Oculus runtime desk demo, they have a seated/standing button which is actually VERY accurate; I wish I knew how they did that. I think it’s a “scene scaling” thing, but I am not sure.

As far as camera shake, I’m not a fan of shaking cameras in any game, so it won’t be in mine :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah good point, I’ll definitely keep that in mind !

And camere shakes aren’t that bad hehe, but I have to agree they are tedious when they’re exaggerated too much, which is the case lately in games using them.

Anyway, when I am developing VR functionality for my own project I’d be glad to share my experiences or even build a very cheap submission from it : )

@k.alpha - I followed your tutorial to implement the system in my project … but I am not getting the drop down lists displayed at all. Have I missed something?

6174e5e9130ed661d0ccd4b57769fe9ed674e54b.jpeg

12888fcfeece24a1b878380986fe03d8c308bd9e.jpeg

So I am not sure what is happening?

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out. Thanks. 8-}

Hey, have you made sure that you set all the “usable options” bools to true in the BP_GraphicsMain after placing it in your level? By default they are all set to false when dropped in your level, that’s the first possible issue I can think of.

Edit : Ah I’m glad : ) Let me know if you have any feedbacks !

Hello :slight_smile:

First of all, great work on the blueprint, it’s quite expansive indeed. Seeing how much work has gone in, I think the price is quite competitive!

Just a question, how would I go about adding a resolution? Seems 1920x1200 is missing, which as far as I know is the most used resolution among pc gamers…

Typo in the resolution settings. In FireConsoleCommand. r.SetRes 1280x768 litteral string repeats twice.
You need to fix the first one to be 1280x720

Sorry I missed your message, should have responded earlier : / Anyway, I’m glad you liked it! I’m confident that after buying it, almost everyone would agree that the price is not high (right?back me up please? : D ); but I can understand that it looks expensive from outside since there’s no way of understanding the scope of the content in it without buying it. Oh well…

To add a resolution :

-Add the desired resolution to en_Resolution
-In the WBP_MainGraphicSettings, add the resolution to the resolution dropdown.
-In the “Resolution Chooser” function inside the WBP_MainGraphicSettings, add a pin to the sequence node and make another line of nodes exactly the same as above; but enter your resolution in the “equal(string)” and “make literal string” nodes.
-In the “Screen Mode Executer” function inside the WBP_MainGraphicSettings, refresh the “Switch on en_Resolution” node so the resolution you added gets its execution pin there; then copy/paste a line of nodes from above and add your resolution to the “make literal string” node (after r.SetRes, like the ones above).
-In the “Reset To Defaults” function inside the WBP_MainGraphicSettings, find the “Switch on en_Resolution” node (should be to the upper right), then repeat the above step on that node as well.
-In the BP_Macro_GraphicsMacros, open up the “Fire Console Commands” macro, find the “Switch on en_Resolution” node again and repeat the above step on that node as well.

This should be all!

:open_mouth: Will update asap, thanks for letting me know!

Thanks for the reply! Hate to be a noob, but where do I find en_Resolution? I take it it’s a variable enumerate that I should change, but where? Oh and I meant expAnsive, as in, it’s quite robust and thorough. I agree with you that people need to see how much work has gone in so that they know why it’s priced like that, might get you more sales… :slight_smile:

Aaah alright, that’s better for me then I’m happy to see you think so : )

It’s not a variable but an asset of enumeration type; so it’s not inside any BP. You can type in “en_Resolution” in the search bar of your content browser to find it. And people should be proud to be a noob! It’s the most fun when you’re learning something and getting better every day, no?

Oh and I forgot one thing; in the designer tab of the WBP_MainGraphicSettings, you have to add your resolution as a default option(currently there should be 11 default resolution options there if I’m not mistaken) to the “resolution dropdown” as well. Otherwise the option itself wouldn’t show up : )

Brilliant! it works :slight_smile: Thanks for your trouble.

Does your system have the ability to change the gamme (brightness) of the game? Apologies if I missed it above. Thanks!

Hey teak, no the system does not have that. However it should not be too hard to implement especially after the update to the blendables system of post processes so I can quickly release an update to include that in a couple of days : )

How can I change the fullscreen option of this package to borderless fullscreen?

I almost bought it until I seen it hasn’t been upgraded in a while.