PaperZD State machine and Event system extension for Paper2D

I’m sorry, forgot to add the Example project on itch.io… will upload it immediately.

For the moment i leave you the dropbox project… i’m pretty sure it’s 4.15 or 4.16… haven’t done a 4.17 yet but it’s the same
https://www.dropbox.com/s/229jidr0at…oject.zip?dl=0

P.S. remember to add the project to the example project i put here.
Cheers!

I have received some recommendations on the possibility of integrating not only PaperFlipbooks to the animation states, but Spine/Creature2D too… this shouldn’t be a problem on the technical side of things (PaperZD only ever uses PaperFlipbooks to play animations/render on the editor), but it could present a challenge if i’m not allowed to implement/use the those frameworks on the plugin.

Just gauging interest, so i can direct my efforts on that update.

I’m also thinking of adding Sequencer support, so we can add animations to use just like on 3D… i’m feeling this is a good update to do too…

If anybody has any feedback, i would be very grateful.

Cheers!

Woo, PaperZD is available right when I need it for my project! Just bought it on itch, going to start playing around with it right away.

Thanks a lot man!.. remember to add us on twitter or facebook, we are working on some neat updates like Sequencer support.

Cheers!

Bought this just about as soon as it was available, and looks good. Was wondering, though: will you be adding Conduits to the state machine? It would greatly simplify the setup I’m making.

I got to say so far i’m really impressed with the plugin, has saved me a ton of time. My only gripe is that you can’t double click on a transition node and open it up and with no ability to click and have it highlight in the menu its difficult to find the correct transition if i need to modify it. (Talking about the animation blueprint, i’m working on a top down game in which i have all directions of movement and need a state and transition to every other state to play a animation or show the idle for that direction)

Hi guys!.. thanks for the feedback… i’m gonna roll an update for Sequencer… and when that’s ready i’ll be checking your recommendations

Conduits sound like something i could manage to do, so i’ll put them on the list
Though falola, i don’t quite understand what you mean that you can’t click on a transition node and open it up… would you care to explain? , because i’m double clicking on the transition nodes and going to the K2Editor (even on the showcase i do that)… but maybe i didn’t quite understand your question

Remember to visit us at our facebook page and twitter… i respond there a lot quicker (for some reason i didn’t get a notification for these 2 messages).

Cheers!

Umm ok maybe its a 4.18 preview issue. For me it doesn’t work

Mmmm could very well be… i’ll check it tomorrow and upload a preview-build that fixes that issue… so you don’t have to deal with that problem.

falola… effectively there’s an issue with not only double clicking the transitions, but also the states… so you can’t enter the AnimNotify editor with 4.18 as of now.

I’m currently working on solving this A.S.A.P. and i expect to have a hotfix on a few hours if all goes well…

Will keep you posted

Ok falola… i solved the problem locally… but i cannot give you a build because the plugin building on 4.18 is broken
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/717438/rocket-build-expects-h-to-be-first-include-but-bui.html

I can however, tell you which files to modify to get it working for the time being, so you can compile them on your machine.

I also wouldn’t recommend using 4.18 preview for serious work ATM

Cheers

Awesome!!! Thanks a lot, yea the full 4.18 is supposed to be released next week

Hey guys!

Look at this… just finished the basic functions for our sequencer support… 80% debugged already.
Will beta test it a lot before uploading, and will also make thumbnails for the animations on the +Track selector.

Keep updated on our twitter.

After this we will have:
Conduits
Spine Support

You would really help us by commenting so to spread the words…

Sequencer support is ready to be deployed… if anyone is interested on beta testing this builds, just send me a PM and i will send you the latest build.
After all the qualitycontrol is done, this new version will be released to itch.io and unreal marketplace.

Comming up next:

• Conduits
  • Spine2D support

Hey @HeavyBullets -
Got a few requests for your PaperZD plugin.

1. Support for sockets on 2D sprites.
  2. The ability to import .TMX for both infinite sized and fixed sized maps.

I have attached a video below to show what I mean by infinite sized maps.

Let me see, shouldn’t be a problem… tell me though, what do you mean by 2d socket on sprites… those are available on Paper2D and Flipbooks by extension… or do you mean something else?
Also… by .TMX support, is that intended for the tilemap editor, could you elaborate more on that regard?? if you like you can PM me with the details

Thanks for the support

Guys!.. Sequencer support is up and running on itch.io

Go to www.criticalfailure-studio.itch.io/paperzd for the latest release (new release is called {version}_sequencer)
Old release still can be downloaded if by any chance you have trouble with sequencer support

Will upload it soon to the marketplace along with 4.18 support

We’re using this in The Siege and the Sandfox, and it’s really helped us out. Amazing value for money; it’s saved us so much time. Cheers for making it guys.

Hey thanks @O.Bennett , glad you like it.

Guys… Just uploaded version 4.18 to marketplace and itch.io, this one comes with sequencer support out of the box

Edit: Version 4.18 is live!

I deleted old versions and uploaded an update… so they will be back soon

Hello,

This is the dev of Creature here. Congrats on your plugin system! I saw you mentioning something about Creature integration:

If you are interested in that, feel free to email me ( contact link on the webpage ):
http://creature.kestrelmoon.com

Cheers