Packaging for iOS fails with "Cannot create because a file with the same name already exists."

Is your game content-only? If so, there is a bug in Preview 5 that will be fixed in the next preview which is not properly pulling the ini files from the content-only project.

Yes content-only. So the fix is checked into the 4.11 branch on GitHub?

Ya, it will be two changes, look for something related to UE-24753. The actual bug was an iPhone 6s splash screen fix, but it also includes the fix for the content-only ini files. (change lists from P4 are 2863737 and 2863806).

Ok, I’ve been looking into a fix for this, but I am not sure you really want to use the DirectoriesToAlwaysStageAsNonUFS for this. That particular ini is for files that will not be loaded by the Unreal File System and the intention there is they should be sitting at the root of the app. For instance, ue4commandline.txt is a NonUFS file and it sits in the payload root of the app next to the executable. There is a DirectoriesToAlwaysStageAsUFS which may be want you actually want here. However, the concern I have there is those directories will be placed in the pak file if you use pak for holding the content.
How does the plugin attempt to access these scripts? Does it do an open directly or does it use the UE FileManager?

-Pete

Hmm this staging mechanism has been working just fine up until 4.10 and works fine on 4.11 for platforms other than iOS/tvOS, by placing the NonUFS folder inside the project content folder. There is nothing wrong with that IMO. NonUFS files like ue4commandline.txt that are handled internally by the build system can of course live anywhere they want as long as the path is known at runtime.
Our plugin needs to store its data files separately from the pak file so we can update them. SkookumScript establishes a remote connection with the host system which allows downloading and installing of updated script data.

Hi so any update on this issue? I got latest 4.11 from GitHub and it is still not resolved. The DirectoriesToAlwaysStageAsNonUFS mechanism has been working great. Can we just make it work on iOS/tvOS like it did in 4.10 and like it does in 4.11 on Windows/Android and call it a day?

For users who may be experiencing the same problem, this bug has been recorded as JIRA [UE-27608] and is scheduled to be fixed for the UE4.11 official release. Thank you for your patience, cooperation, and communication in helping us identify and resolve this issue.