Overhaul the ratings and review system to benefit the consumer/creator

Absolutely. The more information we can provide consumers and content creators, the better the overall experience will be.

Hi all! Tuning in a little late here, but I’m liking the idea of tying a review to a rating. I think it would greatly benefit the feedback, especially if we include a hook to encourage people to leave ratings and reviews for content they’ve purchased a few days later. This is one of those ideas that we’ve wanted to implement for a while, but hasn’t bubbled up into an immediate priority with everything else in the pipeline. We’re in the final stages of getting Chromium integration into the launcher, which means that search, comments, and ratings will be in the launcher as well as on the web Marketplace. I’m going to see if I can piggyback this feature request in with that integration, and work on encouraging people to leave more reviews because of how crucial they are to people buying and selling content on the Marketplace. Thanks for everyone’s feedback! Let me see what I can do. :slight_smile:

Awesome! Thanks for the support. =)

Thank you for thinking, caring, and giving detailed, thought-out feedback! I love discussions like this. I live, eat, breathe, and sleep Marketplace, but I still can’t cover all the angles this community does on a regular basis. It’s why I announce everything new here first, and pitch ideas to see if they’re worth pursuing, and to find out what people really care about. Every time I’ve listened to the community here about what they want and how they’re using the Marketplace, everything’s ended up far better than if I hadn’t. Outside of the Marketplace team, this is like my public brain trust. It’s astonishing how well it works. :slight_smile:

Agreed! I can’t say I’ve ever been a part of such a collaborative effort like this between a company and their community. It’s a privilege to be able to work with you all, and come up with cool new things. =)