'Over 9000 Swords' Modular melee weapon system.

That sounds Fantastic Kashaar. I look forward to adding it to my project and seeing what interesting things I can do with it.

Hey guys,

Exciting news! The pack is going on sale TOMORROW for just $39.99!

And we’re live!

is that on sale or standard? as currently I’m seeing it as $47.99 xD

With this pack and the elemental pack that just arrived, yummy :smiley:

I’m seeing the same thing, i’ve been informed this is a VAT thing… I’ll try to get clarification from someone at Epic though!

It is, had the same thing with my caves. I was like, whuuut.
VAT is a fickle…

Ooh nice, we got some press coverage!

Also, if you missed it, this pack is available now :slight_smile:

If you’ve bought it, let us know! Then we can add you to our dedicated support slack chat and help you if you have problems! It’ll also help us identify what parts, if any, we need to improve. I’d be very interested to hear your feedback!

Yes this is a great price, and on my purchase list right now!

This is really fantastic!

I have a question… I really need my weapons to be skeletal meshes. Is this possible with this system? Specifically, I have to have sockets for the base and tip of the blades. I don’t mind adding it manually for aaaaaall of them, I just want to be sure I won’t break your system.

Thanks!

@dkloving - BTW, you don’t need to use a skeletal mesh to add sockets. In the static mesh editor, there’s a small section on the bottom right that has a green button labeled “Add Socket”.

Well slap me and call me , THAT is useful to know!

@dkloving: Sorry for taking a bit to get back to you! We’ve both been fully occupied with the UE4 megajam. We don’t support skeletal meshes with this system, but as n00854180t says, you can add sockets to static meshes too. However, in this case, you might be best off adding two scene components to a child class of the ModularWeapon class we supply, and using their locations instead of socket locations - this would be the simplest solution, anyway!

By the way, if you bought this system, send me a message with the email address associated with your UnrealEngine account as well as the Order ID of your purchase receipt from the marketplace, and we’ll get you added to our dedicated support slack for direct live chat support with us! :slight_smile:

Hey everyone!

We’d like to thank everyone for all their support so far, as our first release it’s been very exciting and we’ve learned a lot!

As we’re preparing our second asset pack to accompany this one (Over 9000 Shields!), we’ve made the decision to raise the price of the sword pack to $59.99 ex VAT. This change won’t be immediate, but will happen within the next couple of weeks, so if you’re still looking to get an early bird discount, now’s the time!

Impressive work with great details! Well done :cool:

Awesome work guys,

I have a couple questions here for you;

1. Do you have any plans to expand this pack?
  2. When do you plan on having your next pack available for public preview?

I’d love to see a Bow pack.

The sword pack is awesome, btw, thank you Almighty_gir!

Thanks! Glad you like it :slight_smile:

We’re working on a little free addition to this pack, but in between freelance jobs and the holidays, progress has been slower than we’d like.

The next package is also well in the works, and perhaps Lee can show y’all a little sneak preview of it later when he’s online :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, and if you missed it: this pack is currently 50% off! If you were still on the fence, the price probably isn’t going to be this low again for a good while!

A reminder: if you bought this pack, send us an email to support@broad-strokes.com with your UE account email address and Order ID, and we’ll get you added to our support slack! Let’s chat about swords! :slight_smile:

Sadness, I forgot yesterday was the last day on sale, I’m going to cry in a dark sad corner.