Our feedback about Unreal Engine 4

[=;185807]
If I want to import a file there are couple of plausible scenarios:
a)File is corrupted, software detects it, informs me about it, import unsuccessful.
b) File is NOT corrupted, software properly imports it, import successful.
Any other scenario means that there is some problem with software.
[/]

is the default behavior in UE4.

If you ever run into an where the file causes a crash, Epic needs that report to be made on AnswerHub with as much info as possible.

I understand you have had happen before but it is not how the program is meant to handle these situations. The only way it can be fixed is if you report it, it is obviously not widespread as others here have not had the same experience. But discussing point back and forth solves nothing, please try and get a hold of the mesh with issues and forward it to Epic so they can see what is causing the crash (@KVloger as well, if you still have the tga file please put up a bug report).

As mentioned previously please keep the discussion polite and professional. Thank you.

[=;185824]
is the default behavior in UE4.

If you ever run into an where the file causes a crash, Epic needs that report to be made on AnswerHub with as much info as possible.

I understand you have had happen before but it is not how the program is meant to handle these situations. The only way it can be fixed is if you report it, it is obviously not widespread as others here have not had the same experience. But discussing point back and forth solves nothing, please try and get a hold of the mesh with issues and forward it to Epic so they can see what is causing the crash (@KVloger as well, if you still have the tga file please put up a bug report).

As mentioned previously please keep the discussion polite and professional. Thank you.
[/]

I will try to get hold of that mesh, as soon as I have it (if I have it) be sure that I will contact you.

Please, let’s keep the conversation on topic, as we want to ensure the original poster’s issues are given the appropriate attention by the team here at Epic. It becomes much more difficult for us to listen to legitimate concerns/problems and provide high quality support when the discussions in these threads become so far removed from their origin. And another reminder here - Please adhere to the rules of forum by conducting yourself in a polite and professional way. We all share the same passion for game development, let’s be excellent to each other :slight_smile:

Thanks for the added info, Tobias. Keep an eye on your answerhub posting for any updates about your issues.

[=;185308]
Hi Tobias,

Thanks for sharing your specs with us.
From what I see, the RAM shoulnt be the, unless you have a bazillion of other ram hungry software open (3ds , photoshop, etc…)
But the NVidia card smells like laptop. Correct?
I must say, on my laptop with a NVIDIA GT330M, UE was also choking a bit and with only 4 GByte I couldnt even dream of doing landscapes.
As mentioned, probably the raw asset is somehow corrupted.
I once managed to crash rthe engine on texture import with a targa file which I handcrafted with a hex editor. Sure not Epics fault :slight_smile:

Cheers,

[/]

Correct, the laptop with NVidia is probable an with graphic stuff. As you say, working with Landscape is almost imposible with it.

But the problems with the crashes are more common in the other PC, which is not a laptop.

[=;185833]

Thanks for the added info, Tobias. Keep an eye on your answerhub posting for any updates about your issues.

[/]

Yes, I’ve just posted some of the crashes with more details and UE reports at the Answer Hub.

Thank you,

Tobias

[=;186069]
Yes, I’ve just posted some of the crashes with more details and UE reports at the Answer Hub.
[/]

Thank you Tobias. Our support staff will investigate the bug reports, and reach out to you on the individual AnswerHub posts if we require additional information.

Cheers

[= ;186228]
Thank you Tobias. Our support staff will investigate the bug reports, and reach out to you on the individual AnswerHub posts if we require additional information.

Cheers
[/]

Thanks ,

Already been assisted by the staff.

Thank you,

Tobias