OSX Subversion not working / Poor error message

This is marked by staff as ‘Answer’, I would like to undo that but lack permission

Though please note that the bug is not fixed, there is no answer to OP, unfortunately 4.12 is offering a new error message, but the functionality is still not there.

Thanks.

Unfortunately upgrade to 4.12 has not fixed this issue.

Hey Fritsl -

Can you try the following to see if it resolves the issues

Workaround

1. Close the editor
  2. Go to ~/Library/Preferences/Unreal Engine/ProjectNameEditor/Mac/ and open SourceControlSettings.ini
  3. Set ExecutableLocation=/Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/4.12/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/svn/Mac/bin/svn
  4. Save the file
  5. Open ProjectName in UE4Editor

Hi ,

The ini file said

ExecutableLocation=/usr/local/bin/svn

I changed it to

ExecutableLocation=/Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/4.12/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/svn/Mac/bin/svn

(and I have 4.12.2 installed as of
writing this)

I tried to submit to
source control right away, but got an
error message.

I reset the Source
control settings from within the
editor (to make sure things where
right)

I got [Connection to source
control was successful] (as before)

I
then opened the
SourceControlSettings.ini file again
to confirm.

It had not changed (Was
still
ExecutableLocation=/Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/4.12/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/svn/Mac/bin/svn)

I then tried to commit to source
control again from within the editor,
but got error messages no matter
what.

I then checked that that there
was in fact a file at
[/Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/4.12/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/svn/Mac/bin/svn]
and yes, it exists, 5.3 MB, and it
executes fine in the terminal.

So: ‘everything works’, UE confirms it’s got a connection, Terminal executes SVN, it’s only the actual ‘Commit to source control’ from within the editor that does not work.

HOWEVER: The error message is now [Failed to check Source control Status]

I don’t know if this still works, but I’m willing to try anything at this point… anyone know the location of this in Linux? In the .config folder for Unreal Engine there’s just something called UnrealBuildTool with a single .ini and in the Epic/UnrealEngine (btw why are there TWO in Linux???) there’s a bunch of folders but find -name “SourceControlSettings.ini” turns up nothing.

Unreal in Windows has no issue using my SVN server, but the Linux version gets the errors mentioned in this thread (and yeah, they’re really poor error messages still after all these years).