OS X Yosemite Installation 4.5.1 Beach Ball Of Death

Hi guys, i’m running a MacBook Pro Retina 13 inch late 2013 with 8 gigs of RAM and plenty of HDD space, and whenever I try to install UE 4 v4.5.1, at some point in the installation, it seems to give me a beach ball of death and I can never finish downloading. If you guys have any advice, it would be much appreciated!

Hi nutella,

Please try the troubleshooting steps linked below. Afterwards if the issue is still present, follow the steps at the bottom of the page to find your ‘Verbose Logs’ and post them here. They will help us track down the issue.

Thanks,

TJ

How would I do that on a Mac, the verbose logs I mean.

I’m sorry, sometimes that documentation in a little vague for Macs. Look just below step 10 to see the directions for where to find them on Mac.

This fixed the problem for me.

So i would just add “-HTTP=Curl” onto the end of the name of Unreal-Engine-Launcher-Mac-Shipping?

Not in the end of the “name”, but as a parameter to the executable Unreal-Engine-Launcher-Mac-Shipping that is inside the bundle “Unreal Engine.app”.

Hi nutella,

Does Coder3d’s solution work for you?

Our Launcher team was able to reproduce this issue and have entered a report for it in our tracking software.

Cheers,

TJ