Occasional Freeze when Exiting PIE - Due to audio mixer/audio thread?

Hello!

We recently added a fix for deadlocks that can occur when exiting PIE in some edge cases - its at the GitHub link https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/8ee09c6ee4167fce41a731c3f41db25148964430, if you want to download the source code. We’re aiming to release this fix in 4.26. It should fix your issue.

Hi, well, we’ve removed all submixes since posting this, and did not have any freezes. We’ll try to add the mixes again and only remove the effects, soon. But it looks like you already found the problem and added a fix to github?

Yep! We added a fix for PIE hangs that happened in an edge case with certain submix setups, which I am fairly certain was the issue you were hitting. Although, if you integrate the GitHub CL with your project and still experience hangs, let us now. It is theoretically possible that there is a separate edge case that we missed.

I am facing some similar issues, everything was working fine till last night no changes butt all of a suddent in PIE, when I click on client side, it freezes and never comes back.

Using 4.25, C++ project.