NVIDIA Ansel - Problems

Hope this helps:

After hours looking for a solution, I found the problem with the new Nvidia drivers without the old folder in “programs files”. No more NvCameraConfiguration come with the driver :frowning:

For others: You need to go to: “c:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_95bdb3a23d6478de” (the last part can be different)
Run these commands:

NvCameraEnable.exe whitelisting-everything

NvCameraEnable.exe on

If you use windows, you can use this “ansel.bat”:

@echo off
 set NVIDIACAMERA_PATH=c:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_95bdb3a23d6478de\NvCamera
 call "%NVIDIACAMERA_PATH%\NvCameraEnable.exe" whitelisting-everything
 call "%NVIDIACAMERA_PATH%\NvCameraEnable.exe" on

And one BIG warning! If you try to use it in editor (or even another software like sourcetree) does not work! Because (I think) it tries to use the editor instead of the new window (standalone or other app), so, you need to close the editor (or other apps) and try with a compiled version!

which kind of trouble? do you have this “strange” v_dispi.inf_amd64_95bdb3a23d6478de folder?

Thanks for replying :slight_smile:
I don’t have that folder. The only folders i have are the ones indicated in the image attached to this message. Im just having trouble finding the Ansel folder on my device and using the directions from your previous message to find it, as I am new to using the windows command prompt. Thanks for helping

Hi crystian77,
Im still having trouble accessing the Ansel folder and NVCameraConfiguration and I was wondering if you would post a video to explain the process as I am very new to all of this.

ok, try to looking for this file: NvCameraEnable.exe on your system, maybe there is in another folder, I’m not sure sorry

Uninstall the latest version of Gforce Experience and install the v3.15.0.164 version and it will work.
Download form this link

It’s works for me.Cheer !!!

Uninstall the latest version of Gforce Experience and install the v3.15.0.164 version and it will work.
Download form this link

It’s works for me.Cheer !!!

Hi All, I didn’t think downgrading Geforce Experience was an acceptable solution, although that worked for me as well.

There is another way running current software that seems to work, and that’s disabling the in-game overlay inside Geforce Experience. You lose the ‘Alt-Z’ hotkey but Alt-F2 should still work.

I am running UE4.26 with Nvidia Geforce Experience Version 3.20.5.70.

After all the screwing around I have done to get it to work though, Ansel is taking 30 seconds to appear after hitting the hotkey, which is very annoying… it was not doing that initially when I downgraded Geforce Experience to v3.15.0.164 but it started taking longer and longer when used. Perhaps it was when I changed the UE scene to raytracing. This really screwed up Ansel, crashing it easily on everything but the lowest ‘high-res’ screen shot setting. So I though if I upgraded everything to latest that might fix it. It didn’t - still super slow but at least it works at super high-res (without raytracing) and I am running the latest versions of everything.

Hi All, an update to my last post.

Firstly’ I would just like to clarify that I am uncertain as to whether the ‘disabling the in-game overlay’ solution works if you hadn’t previously installed an old version i.e. NVIDIA_GeForce_Experience_v3.15.0.164

After a few more uninstalls and reinstalls I managed to stuff things right up and ansel wouldn’t work at all on anything - I think after I deleted the folder C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel. Yeah - don’t do that.
I restored it from a backup and reinstalled the latest version i.e. GeForce_Experience_v3.20.5.70 in an attempt to get rid of the lag problem I was experiencing.

So now it is working perfectly so long as I don’t open the Unreal editor. This was mentioned above by crystian77.
A good way to test it (after closing the unreal editor), is to navigate in explorer to your unreal project and right-mouse click on the .uproject file and launch game.

Also as mentioned above - the newer version of Geforce_Experience doesn’t create a C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel folder, which I believe you need if you want to use the reshade-shaders. Thus the NvCameraConfiguration.exe isn’t as accessible with the new version, again as mentioned by crystian77 above.

There is a utility that you can download to use with the new Geforce_Experience called nvidiaProfileInspector.exe.
You can set the whitelisted in there - also check the other ansel entry - Ansel usage is Allowed.

可以看下这个,也许有帮助 - Check this out, maybe it helps