No success Nativizing four BP's

Ok so I have been spending more time this weekend trying to pin point the problem more. I thought I could identify exactly what led to the system wanting to bring Gamesparks into the nativization process but I didn’t manage to. It seems to be my custom GameInstance class where most of the Gamesparks bits are added to and I have to completely gut it out before I get a successful nativized build. So failing to ring fence and cut off the connection I had two other ideas maybe you can tell me if you think any of them are possible:

1. Take the Unreal Engine source and somehow change it so that it will not bring in the Gamesparks plugin when nativizing. (as there’s really no reason it needs to)
  2. Somehow pause/halt the cook process after it has generated the nativization source code. Then alter the files by hand to remove references to Gamesparks. Then kick off the last part of the cook process.

To clarify, the Blueprint I am getting errors from has nothing to do with either Gamesparks or my custom GameInstance. No direct references as from what I can see. It just seems like the nativization is throwing its net very wide when assembling dependencies.

If you want to exclude Gamesparks from being nativized, this should be able to be done by using Exclusive blueprint nativization instead of Inclusive and picking what particular blueprints you want to nativize. Inclusive will include everything that it can.

As for your two proposed ideas, the first would be possible but I wouldn’t know where to start and the exclusive instead of inclusive setting would be much easier. The second, if you could find a way to pause it, may also be possible but reading the code generated by nativization and finding what needs to be removed will also prove more difficult, and you’d have to do this every time you package, adjusting for any edits.

I have always used ‘Exclusive’ with just a few blueprints and am currently testing with only one BP plus a few Interface BPs that go with it. UE still thinks that it should include GameSparks even if those blueprints have no connections with gamesparks at all.

I also managed to do the thing where I interrupt the build process at the right time, manually clean out the gamesparks .h references and then continue the build. It worked and the packaging goes through without errors and I get an executable that I can run without crashes.
The problem is that things get broken. A completely different blueprint loses its collision detection and there’s other problems in-game.
See if I can do anything to fix it. I’m not so hopeful.

The best would be if the Natvization could be told to be a bit more careful in its dependency collection. Or if it was somehow possible to say that certain modules or assets should not be dragged in.

I feel like I’m actually getting closer now! I changed method and instead of removing the gamesparks .h references I add the paths for the nativized build process to find them and that worked and should be a better solution.
But I still have a problem in that when I run the game the pawn/blueprint that I picked to Nativize does not want to be created at all. I have tried both spawning and placing in the persistent level before cooking but both methods return empty.
I was hoping that since the build process didn’t report any errors it would now work but something still is not connecting. It’s like the resulting nativize plugin is not connected to the project or something. I get error messages like this:

[2018.01.31-00.37.57:779][ 0]LoadErrors: Warning: CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource ‘r_indexBox’: Avatar_Pawn_C /Game/Maps/ChooseCareer.ChooseCareer:PersistentLevel.Avatar_Pawn_3218
[2018.01.31-00.37.57:779][ 0]LoadErrors: Warning: CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource ‘Camera’: Avatar_Pawn_C /Game/Maps/ChooseCareer.ChooseCareer:PersistentLevel.Avatar_Pawn_3218
[2018.01.31-00.37.57:779][ 0]LoadErrors: Warning: CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource ‘Capsule’: Avatar_Pawn_C

and

[2018.01.31-00.37.59:622][111]LogScript: Warning: Accessed None trying to read property Avatar_Pawn_3218_ExecuteUbergraph_ChooseCareer_RefProperty
	ChooseCareer_C /Game/Maps/ChooseCareer.ChooseCareer:PersistentLevel.ChooseCareer_C_0

I’m also attaching the tail of the packaging log.

Any idea how a successful build would still not run the blueprint/class?link text

Hello , I apologize for the delay on getting back to you. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, please let me know and we can continue trying to look into this.

I decided to move on from that and just accept that I wasn’t going to get it to work with Gamesparks.
I’m now just trying to target slow bits based on the frontend profiler and writing nodes in c++ where I am able to.
That’s a more reliable and predictable solution for me.