Nick Darnell Loading Screen Plugin - GREAT! But I have some questions.

Not sure… I wrote an entire Wiki article on how to compile the engine with community plugins (A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums) and in the support thread @kamrann wrote, “By the way you can do it with a simple batch file…” – Talking about feeling silly and wasting all that time. <grins> - Hopefully, someone could use the instructions on how to build the engine.

Cya!

teak

I have problems with movie playing. I followed the instructions to add movies to Content/Movies and specified only the name without any path and extension, but doesnt play.
Also tried downgrade to 720p, another format, but nothing.

Hi, it looks like 4.20 has some changes about slate.
I’m trying to build the plugin in 4.20 and got an error in FLoadingScreenBrush, that SlateBrush.h is inaccessible

If I try to buid the engine with the plugin, I got this error:

Has anyone got this to compile on 4.21? I’m getting the same errors above as Haoris.

If you want a version that works, you can open the RPG Sample, the loading screen module is in it and working in 4.21

Hello devs,
I’ve got some questions about using loading screen with movie player:

• Is it possible to override the behavior that automatically shuts down the loading screen when loading completes (I would like to expose in blueprint a function that allow me to explicitly remove the loading screen when I need to). I thought i can set bWaitForManualStop to true and then call GetMoviePlayer()->Stop() when i need it, but when the load map completes and I press any button the movie player automatically removes the loading screen.

• Can I use an UMG widget in some way or I must do everything regarding the UI in slate?
    Thank you in advance

How can I add a Widget (which will have some variables with information about the server you are joining) over a continuous looping video on the background?
Have no idea how to make it work, thnx

[USER=“2522”]Nick Darnell[/USER] Hello I was working on your plugin and adding some more modifications to it to make it more modifiable(btw I really appreciate this plugin, it helped me learn the basics of Slate better than the documentation did), I wanted to ask if there is any recommended way of using tick/timers in slate while loading when a movie isnt playing?

Because right now I have the loading screen slate widget ticking because for some reason the timers didnt work reliably where sometimes they did and sometimes they didnt work(I honestly dont have enough experience with slate timers but I was using the documentation’s way of handling timers) and slate tick only seems to run when the mouse was moving around in the loading screen or if the movie is playing but if it sits still and there’s no movie playing then it wont tick.

Also I wanted to ask if its possible to allow for the default game movie player module to actually start a loading screen without having to have a movie path because right now my workaround is just making an empty path if there isnt any…

LoadingScreen plugin Movie Path stopped working when I updated the project to 4.22.3, the video just doesnt play.
Was working fine in 4.19.2

Have someone the same ploblem as me?
Which fix could I do to make it work as before?

Thnx

Where can I get and download sunposition plugin? I was trying to search it everywhere,but I just found nothing.