New Release: Realistic Rendering Showcase

This is a simple reply but to those of you that have dark rooms did you build lighting? Use the build button on top of the of the view port. Still dark?

Yes, it looks exactly like the above screenshots even after building lighting.

Checked if lighting quality was set to production quality, rebuilt but to no avail.

Yeah my room also looks like that. I don’t think you would need to build lighting, it should be built already…

Try turning off eye adaptation post process?

@ ambershee, no difference. I did get better viewport lighting, and in game mode it looks almost perfect.

In the viewports settings Lit > Exposure > Fixed at Log 3 or 4 looks good.

Running in preview mode looks great too not in play mode.

I PMed Crowl, no reaction.

The viewport settings only affects preview. Too bad we aren’t getting any feedback from the developers :frowning:

Will contact support

PLease give us some hints how to lighten the scene, which is too dark for OSX (here Mavericks, GeForce)

Unfortunately, auto exposure isn’t compatible with OpenGL on Mac. To get it looking similar to how it does on Windows, select the “PostProcessVolume3”, then set the Min Brightness to 1, the Max Brightness to 1 and the Auto Exposure Bias to 3.7.

I don’t find it in marketplace, is not longer available?

It’s now in the Learn Tab. Along with other nice Stuff.

thanks you!

Well, don’t take this the wrong way, (as I in no way intend to belittle anything done here) and I come from a game player, not developer background so have different expectations.

I actually played with this the other day, I wanted to build my own books / bookcase, and I’m still trying really hard to work out how the books work (something to do with changing colour and size dependant on location I think - beyond my at this point)

Anyway I digress, the very first thing I did when opening this level, was move things around so they looked more realistic lol :slight_smile: sorry.

I saw the coffee table and the rings, and they wall all the same, and in different places, no one uses a table like that, they sit down and put the cups in one or two places where there dominant hand is, maybe a third place for when they are walking through the room, and just pop it on the end of the table.

The rings themselves, were all the same - exactly the same (2 varieties maybe), this to me is a big red flag,
I mean here is a room, the main feature in the center of the room is the coffee table, and the cup rings are the immediate obvious feature on the table that shows constantly repeating patterns, that would never happen.

So my first 10min looking at this demo, was just rotating / resizing and moving the rings so they layered naturally on top of each other, and moved into a better location.
secondly I put one on a side table as if someone tried to cover it with a vase. Then rotated the cups to a position that would be conducive to being used by two right handed people who sat there.

Took me 2min, then I felt better, and carried on looking at the rest of the scene, which is really nice, can’t wait till I understand a bit more on how it all works.
(If I knew I would be posting this image, I would have changed that last one too, as you can still easily tell its a repeat, due to the two blobs on one side)

Normally I wouldn’t mention something so minor, but saw this thread specifically asking for comments on this “realistic rendering” so had to mention the above.

I do realise that rendering is different to prop set up, so this may be me holding on to the wrong end of the stick here, but as far as I’m concerned unnaturally repeating patterns are a major cause of mental conflict when playing a game, and should be avoided when possible, especially in a demo showcasing realism.

(as an aside, everyone here knows more about this topic than me, I’m just giving my first impression of this as I saw it, honest feedback is the best )