New PC, PS3 and Xbox360 Game - Fursan al-Aqsa - Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque

Today I began to sketchup some ideas of Maps for Fursan al-Aqsa Training Missions. Besides the Campaign Mode, I will add a Training Mode for my game with a LOT of Cool Missions, inspired by Metal Gear Solid 2 VR Missions (Kill All, Stealth, Weapon Shooting and Variety).

I decided to change my custom camera to make it look more similar to MetalGearSolid4. I am happy with the final result, so now my game has more of that MGS feeling! Next step will be add the iconic solid snakeā€™s crawling animation!

Be like a Chameleon. Suprise your enemies by invading their base disguised as one of them, and kill them all without mercy! Just testing a new feature on #FursanAlaqsaGame for the stealth missions mode!

Hello guys, some new promo art here:

Fursan al-Aqsa Dev Blog #6 - Updated Models for IDF Soldiers

This article shows a small gameplay test of the new Updated Models for Israeli Soldiers running on Playstation 3, and a small ā€œBehind the Scenesā€ of the creation of the new IDF Models:

For the disguised option, are you using a change of a material on the characters mesh?If yes check this thing( the images are missing but the kismet code is still there)

So you can do the metal gear thing like replacing the character with a character thatā€™s inside a box for example.I did it before and it works really cool.

Hello my UDK Brother. Yeah, it is exactly this what I have doneā€¦ I had saved hundred of old udk tutorials and this was one of them. However I dont plan doing the disguise with a box, no, I plan by carwling between grass. So whenever you are crawling the enemies wont attack you.

How I am doing this? Like I said before, keep things easy. I added a trigger volume in the size of the entire map, however I placed it some units above the ground, so that whenever the player is crawling, his body (which as a physics assets) wonā€™t be touching the trigger volume.

So in the enemy kismet AI sequence, the fire sequence will work only if the player is touching the trigger volume. I know it is not perfect, but it works, and it feels like Metal Gear Solid.

Thatā€™s the matter, no need to be perfect, so long as it works and is fun!

Any news on the legacy UDK Forums?

Nothing new since the last info I got.It will be after the holidays .I suspect a month(if we are luckyā€¦)

Fursan al-Aqsa Split Screen Multiplayer on Playstation 3

Do you Remember? Who misses that Golden Era? Multiplayer Madness is Back on Fursan al-Aqsa!

The mayhem is coming soon to PC, PS3, Xbox360ā€¦

Multiplayer SplitScreen and all its glory running on Xbox 360 RGH:

Fursan al-Aqsa Dev Blog #7 - Making Off SplitScreen Multiplayer

In this article I discuss the technical details of how I implemented the Multiplayer with SplitScreen for my game.

Itā€™s worth a reading :smiley:

Great steam when ! : D I hope that some people can unstress through this game lol or however they want.

Hello my friend.

Thanks for the compliments!

No, I donā€™t plan to release on steam, right now, for various reasons. First of all is because content censorship, I donā€™t know if my game will be accepted by Steam, and second, because it is TOO MUCH expensive for Brazillian users (30% of Steam plus 30% of USA Withdrawal, in the end I earn just 40%).

I was planning to sell on my own website (as I work with web development, I develop websites and ecommerce), however, people may be skeptical about purchasing directly from me, so I am thinking on publish my game on Itch.io, and also on Nuuvem.com (kinda Brazilian steam) for Brazillian Gamers (as itch.io does not support regional prices).

Anyway, letā€™s first finish the game, then I think on the business :cool::cool::cool:

Cheers!

Fursan al-Aqsa - Enemies AI Update

https://media.indiedb.com/images/games/1/73/72158/18-Fursan_al-Aqsa-_Enemies_AI_Update.png

This video shows the updated enemies AI in action, alongside the preview of a very fun new game mode: ā€œBlow Them Upā€

Letā€™s frag!

In the next post I will reveal the tech detail of this new AI system I created using Kismet, the Visual Programming Language of Unreal Engine 3.

Cheers!

Fursan al-Aqsa Dev Blog #8 - Enhanced Artificial Intelligence for Enemies

In this article I discuss the technical details of how I created various AI algorithms for my game entirely in Kismet, the Visual Programming Language of Unreal Engine 3.

Nidal, I would not do it on Kismet. Itā€™s to be done on Unreal script. my suggestion.

Hey dude, I will have to disagree :cool:

I have done all the gameplay logic in kismet, including the enemies AI, Mission Objectives, and many other things, and it works perfectly.

However, I created many functions (exec functions) on Unreal Script, and I call them in kismet through the Misc > Console Command Node.

My phylosophy is that if this works, and looks cool, thatā€™s fine, regardless how it was done.

Cheers and thanks for the interest on my game my friend!

Alright I like that you have your own ways ! good luck. : )