NEW(3/22/2024) UE5.5+ feedback: Please Invest In Actual PERFORMANCE Innovations Beyond Frame Smearing For Actual GAMES.

BUMP.

This isn’t just about my game or just our projects.
This is about all games: LOOK BELOW.

If Fortnite is performing like this…What will happen to game performance when
the majority of studios decide to use UE5 for games NOTHING LIKE FORTNITE?

Our games, lead by cheap lazy developer and studios,
WITHOUT A DOUBT will perform like Remnant 2 regardless how low you set your settings.

We will be stuck with BLURRY, smearing games until we fix this.

This is the ugly and sad future of games… if this isn’t addressed in a completely new way:

I would like to share this Idea that could reverse the direction we’re going in:

(Excuse the rough draft on the first post, didn’t expect their forum to lock me out of editing :cold_face:, just got a little too passionate about the idea at the end there …:roll_eyes: )

This may seem like a fantasy panacea for our current situation in the gaming industry.
But we already have a step forward in this direction.

Take a look at RTX remix, a workflow enhanced by AI.
Think of an AI model to optimize meshes 10x more than Nanite ever could.

The optimized mesh will perform miles ahead of the Nanite mesh(100k or 2k tris),
not just because it’s lower poly.
But because High poly meshes destroy/slow shadow and lighting calculations.

I’m not talking about AI that makes a magical mesh from thin air.
I’m talking about an intelligent algorithm that takes a mesh you would regular hand off to Nanite.

The Ai Model scales it down it’s tris-count to the bare minimum while preserving detail via texture tricks, UV tiling optimization and AI enhanced textures no human could put together without HOURS of work that no one would realistically pay for.

This could solve or mitigate some of the major challenges of modern game development:

• Performance problems
  • Vram problems
  • Games forcing blurry temporal upscalers to reach 60fps.
  • Finding someone to do the work by hand.
  • and SAVING TIME

A few years ago this would be crazy to suggest. But the fact is, Nvidia has shown us the power of AI models time and time again.
This is now possible.

THIS IS THE FUTURE… of game development.

AND SOMEONE needs to invest in it already.

1 Like