Networking Issue.

I found the sockets stuff in the engine code which lives at Engine\Source\Runtime\Sockets. You will have to look at C++ to use that functionality (in the same way you’d have to do it for Http unless you used a plugin) as it doesn’t look like it’s been hooked up to Blueprints.

How well versed are you with creating C++ and creating blueprints would you be able to help me put some together once I solve the issue of getting it to the socket server and build the socket server. I should have a basic socket server built tonight and just make it to where it deposits anything it receives into a file. Then if you could help me build the blueprints I can take it from there.

Hey,

yeah sorry for showing a very basic setup to understand and use HttpRequests. It’s not like there are thousand of helpful tutorials
or anything on getting UE4 to work with something like that. I asked the Hub and the Forum and no one ever even gave me a
response on how to do it. It’s cool that you help the Thread Owner, but please don’t be rude if someone not that skilled tries
to help with something not so good.

For me, Steam is enough, since i don’t have an MMO. I just have something like Torchlight.

Maybe my post helps others getting started if they google for HttpRequests.
Sorry Thread Owner if that didn’t help you and i missunderstood the
“Point me in the right direction” sentence.

eXi (:

PS: I don’t know if that is vulnerable to MySQL injection. It could be. As i said, the whole thing was just for easy understanding…

I won’t be able to help you any more than I have in this thread, I’m just trying to point you in the right direction. There’s a good chance you’ll have to touch C++ unless someone comes out with a sockets Blueprint plugin.

Of course I’m going to call out stuff that’s a not a good example, it’s even more dangerous when someone is just learning and may not know any better. You should know better to use a MySQL library that’s been deprecated for over a year and to protect against SQL injection by using prepared statements and possibly even stored procedures.

I asked for help and i got this example as the only answer on the Hub. Now tell me
how shall i know, as a beginner, that this isn’t good. It was even posted by
an Epic Staff Member >.<

Till now, no one offered help on that section before. So i will keep watching the thread
to learn something new.

If you’d like when I come across a resolution I will post it here so that you may use it as well. I am currently building the basics for my socket server. Once I get it constructed I will take the rest of the process and lay it out here.

It’s not only me. There is no Tutorial for Multiplayer things at all.
Only the RPC Tutorial from Epic, but that’s not the hard stuff.
We would need a Tutorial for what you do and for getting
the OnlineSubsystem running.
That’s why i’m working on understanding the Subsystem in
another thread by working with the ShooterGame.
Sad that no Staff Guy helps here :confused:

What are you referring to by Subsystem

Steam for example. So that your game can use their Master Servers,
Friendlists, Store, Achievements and so on.