Nanite Performance is Not Better than Overdraw Focused LODs [TEST RESULTS]. Epic's Documentation is Dangering Optimization.

That’s awesome! I definitely want to utilize MegaLights but am afraid of shifting to an RT only system. Those performance numbers are amazing! I’m planning on trying it out once I complete my game in 5.4.

What’s your system specs?

1 Like

I may be late to the conversation, but my dude, I am no developer, I am a gamer with IT background in collage

Epic suggestions is just that, SUGGESTIONS, It doesn’t stop from studios from shipping games with it ANYWAY, So it being “Beta” doesn’t do anything but just an excuse of it being not finished. It doesn’t help that EPIC doesn’t put any BETA label on it.

3 Likes

“If it’s stupid but works, it ain’t stupid.”

guys im starting to think op doesn’t have 5 years of experience nor a dev team :scream:.

i thought his vids were funny but this threat is a whole another level, so please keep quoting his post since he cant delete those.

Not enough people make collages nowdays

@TheKJ after reading this thread, my question is what do you propose indie game devs should do about this problem? Switch to Unity?

With a raytracing GPU is there a benefit with a single light source ? Like a dense forest and the sun ?
Which I think as a directional light I seem to remember the Megalights doesn’t incorporate this type of light.
There are many scenarios which would have these type of lighting, sunny city streets - it could have very dense geometry, and in need of performance, but yet a single directional light source.

But you get increased blur.
I admit it’s interesting but will it require Nanite ?
I still don’t Nanite as an indie (not dense enough scenes, I tend to lose performances). If it kills virtual shadowmaps, AWESOME !