My stacking mod and Iguanodon issue

I’m setting up OBS and hope to record a video for you either tonight or tomorrow I’ll post in on my Youtube channel. I have not forgotten you. Just got a little busy with real life… LOL

The only problem with this type of fix is that it only works for the vanilla version of the Iguanodon. If anyone uses a dino mod (e.g. Extinction Core, Annunaki), then the fix will not work. It’s the same for the Angler Gel fix that was implemented. That fix only works for vanilla torches, and not for any other modded torches (e.g. Structures Plus). Sadly, this is the down side of using a stack mod because there will be certain side effects.

True, but hopefully my video can show them how I did it, and give them the option to follow suit. My dino will ‘Seed Fruit’ for both modded and default seeds. So if those mod makers setup the inventory with the small changes I made, then they will be usable for there dinos as well. I’m posting the video on my Youtube channel so if you have issues, point your mod authors there.

You are absolutely correct in saying that all stack mods will be flawed in some ways. There is just no way around it. So, I’m totally agreeing with you, but providing an option. The video should be up soon. I’ll post the link then.

Here you go! Let me know if you still have any issues!

okay now I understand it, thank you so much for the help.

Yes and I agree that at least providing the option you describe will help at least with vanilla items. It’s definitely better than no solution at all. Hopefully ARK will make it more user friendly to increase stack items, but I doubt that will happen any time soon. :slight_smile:

Having just taken a look at the iguanodon, your solution is not a bad workaround.

The actual issue is the function that the iguano has that is checking for a berry class in its inventory, which is not respecting the remaps in the check, and it’s tied to activating the the wheel option. If you had a custom version of the Dino, you can update that logic to respect the remaps, or maybe even do it via buff.

Just another example of why we need an easier way to alter stacks sizes.

M.

Success! I have a working consumable that you can feed a tamed vanilla Iguanodon to alter the Seeding function to work with most stack mods, no need to remap your own version of the Dino.

Still need to do some further testing, but I’ll publish to the Workshop soon, and share the Source for inclusion of others if needed.

Cheers,

Mork.

Nice, I expect with joy your solution, thank you.

Hey bud, seems to have worked out ok, have posted it to the workshop. I’ll link to source from workshop page once I’ve cleaned it up a bit.

Feel free to check it out and let me know if it works with your stack mods ok.

Mork.

Nice, I hope you send me the source, I will this to integrate in my stacking mod and I will your Name will show in my credits.