My realistic First-Person character overview

Well, I’ll see if I have the time. Might do it next weekend, but I’m not promising anything (gta V is coming out).

No rush, this post was amazing help for the little i understand

Have never dealt with camerboom/camera as you do. Is there information on how to connect to a head socket? For my ‘parent socket’ is greyed out and can not be changed.

Well currently I’m around 100 km from the nearest computer capable of running ue4, so I might now remember everything, but…
First of all I’ve created the socked in the skeleton (basic stuff, quick google).
Then I clicked the camera boom, and dragged it over to the mesh (in character bp). After that from what I recall, the attaching worked well.
If that’s not it, post a screenshot. Like said, I don’t remember everything.

Ah, I got it. You need to move the ‘cameraboom’ onto the mesh, whereas with stock third person it is not attached to the mesh. then you can select the headsocket.

Capture.PNG

Sincerly from the video you post, i can’t feel what you mean for “realistic first person character”.
What are the features that should make the player to feel like in a human body?
However thanks for your blueprints sharing: this is helpful.

Enjoy.

Any chance you could provide a scene/template? It would be easier to study the blueprints and break stuff.

Thank you.

The project files are linked to my game project right now. Next week I’ll make a tutorial, and add a ready project to it.
This weekend I was kinda busy.

Thanks for this. Have you got that tutorial scene set up yet? There are some things I can’t quite work out with what you’re showing here.

Also cake.

Nice tweaking :3 cun in ceme mobilphone

Backing up abit, I don’t get why you cast to the ThirdPersonAnimBlueprint after the movement check. Why not do that between the two branches and make your BP clearer? Or is there something going on there that I can’t see?

Have you been able to get root motion on the character in a cutscene? If so, how? :slight_smile:

Well it’s simple. There is no cutscene :stuck_out_tongue:
The thing appearing as if it was a cutscene is a combination of different animation of the characters. It returns to the default blend space from the cutscene animation because they are in the same logic of the character

Dam Son! Completely forgot about that!! D:
Sorry people. May and June were a pain in the **** (still are, don’t go to college). I’ll work on the tut asap!

Mean the Walking Forward thing?
I can’t remember, will have to check it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Great project, especially if applied to VR (altough camera has to be free, so rather than block the head mouvement, would be great to have body turn-around feedback).

My only wish is that you would not just see your lower legs and feet, and arms on the side, but really waist, torso or shoulder depending on where/how close you look.

When you get the basic character down 100%, you should put it on the game templates forum as a TPS template. :slight_smile:

Don’t worry I will. The thing is I don’t have all the time I’d like to have to work on it. Also now working on a way to not break ue4 with my big *** level.

Any update on the TPS Template and/or tutorial? :slight_smile:

Kinda resurrecting this thread but just wanted to add that I found this very useful in building the first person movement for my project, so thanks! I took a slightly different approach in that I didn’t lock the characters body in place when they were idle (so they spin when the player turns). I did this because I wanted to have stafing animations when walking sideways or on an angle. I also used Kubold’s Movement Animset Pro which seems to work really well in First Person as well. Very easy to use in blendspaces. Also included sprinting, crouching and falling/landing. Gameplay below and on my blog.

If anyone wants to know how I did any of it let me know.

http://blog.amcvfx.com/2016/11/blue-edge-update-1/