Music Syncing: Please help!

This feature is on our radar, it would involve developing a seek table system because there’s no way to be sample accurate when just jumping into the middle of a streaming file unless you’ve pre-marked the timeline.

The work-around for now is to break your music up into smaller pieces or to start playing the music from 0 ahead of time but play silently until you need the file to come in.

Just going to post again since its the same topic but different thread with different solutions. I hope there is something im missing!

"Any better solutions to this? Ive tried many different variations to this issue from many forum posts. Im currently working in UE5, but i imagine the error exists in ue4. Im using Nvidia shadowplay to screen capture since the delay is even worse in the movie render queue… there is literally no audio delay frame by frame, does anyone know why?.. its pretty standard in after effects… We have used a “catch up” workflow before in realtime to make sure our audio doesnt fall behind, during packaged builds. but when the reacitivity is reliant on a per frame basis, it doesnt suffice.

Is there a specific bitrate that people use to better align the audio to 60 fps… Or is there a way to update the sync inside the sequencer? I dont think the solutiuon is to involve BPs since it will do the same thing that the sequencer is doing already.

I was very optimistic about cutting up the 5 min track into smaller pieces but the overlap happens from the delay that accumulates on the cut that is finishing.

Im very sad that this issue is still occuring since the release of the audio analysis components introduced in 4.26. There is alot of realtime potential, but capturing reactivity isnt pretty much impossible in this state.

A solution that id like to not use, but had proven successful in other RT applications is to analyze in a separate application and use OSC to bring in audio values. But this would require more time than is worth investing in this project.

Please community! Let there be light in such dark times!"

Thanks!