Music Composer

Industrial/Metal Track:

1 Like

Industrial/Metal Track:

1 Like

Greetings @Daniel_S5 !

I’ve allowed myself the pleasure of listening to your original tracks. With each track, I could imagine different scenarios with which I could hear your music playing, such as the selection menu for a PVP battle, the loading screen before a match with a boss level character, a rainy day where a character hero realizes their own strength, a slow panning camera shot that reveals a glorious castle hidden within a mountain range.

It’s amazing how much music feeds our imaginations! What is your creative process in selecting the correct elements to suit games or other media? Do you start with imagining a scene, or does the music come to you first?

Hi, If it’s for a game for example and I’m working with somebody I definitely try to get familiar with the scene first through whatever materials are available, also just description if it’s all that’s available - so I can imagine it and “get the feel” of the scene and then I play around with some ideas in my head that feel relevant to me, then I’ll ask clarifying questions about what kind of mood they are looking for to make sure we’re on the same page and there’s no mismatch of visions. And then I compose while looking at the scene regularly and/or keeping it mind.

About finding revelant elements: I try to adress important characteristics of the scene itself and of the mood that has to be achieved.

An example:
A character is walking around the factory on some other planet in the future, it’s dark, and some enemies or some other danger may appear any moment. Slow pace. The story involves some sad elements, let’s say he lost his family.
I also have a description from the developer that the music has to be dark, heavy, mysterious, illustrating the sense of danger and should have some sadness underneath.

An example of a combination of musical elements adressing those characteristics (It’s just an example, any characteristic can be adressed in many ways - including some unorthodox ways).

Dark, heavy - low tones
Slow pace (of action) - slow tempo of the track
Mystery (combined with sense of danger) - dissonant, unpleasant sounding intervals, long notes, no clear melody
In the future - futuristic sounding synth instruments (maybe in the background, maybe in the foreground, somewhere)
Factory - some metallic or “machine-like” persussive instruments or sounds
Sadness - from time to time there will be slow quasi-melody (even just 3 notes, maybe in the background) based on pleasant sounding intervals (like the fith) in minor key

Generally before I actually compose usually I’m walking around the room and I’m imagining it (scene+music) while toying with different elements mentally.

Piano/Rock/Industrial Track

1 Like

Industrial/Metal Track:

Available for new projects.

1 Like

Available

Available for new projects

Available