Multiplayer RPG Inventory System

Awesome! Thank you. I am going to keep playing with it and see what I can learn; see if I can fix my problems on my own. Plus, I’m doing some artwork in Blender right now (needed a break from programming-types stuffs), but don’t want to slow down on progress. I’ll definitely hit up that Discord though. Thank you! As I get it fleshed out I will do a showcase and credit you!

This is a very good job
Hope to be better in next updates

Thank you for your kind words! It depends on feedback I get and what else I can improve there!

I was wrong. I forgot a vital part.

It has to be:
GetOwner>CastToPlayerController>GetPlayerCharacter>Target InventoryComponent.

If anybody has an issue where when they pick up an item from the world and it disappears when they try to equip it, this is the problem. :slight_smile:

Instead of adding Tefel’s MRPG Inventory to my project and making my PlayerCharacter and PlayerController a child of his InventoryPlayerCharacter and InventoryPlayerController I wanted to manually add the code to my own existing ones. It has taught me A LOT and I am very happy with my purchase.

But to avoid headache you can make them children; would have been much easier. If you want to learn though, jump in and try to recreate what he’s done. It’s been excellent practice!

Updated to 4.23! YAY!

Plugin is now available in the marketplace with 70% discount! Thanks to BLACK FRIDAY SALE!

Hey guys, I am just reaching out to check on a few things:

Is this system entirely multiplayer ready? Meaning **all **inventory actions (drag/drop/split etc) are all done server side then replicated to client?

Yes, it is entirely multiplayer ready. All actions like drag, drop, split, move are replicated to all clients. There is also optimization for containers being observed by players.
So if there are changes for specific world inventory (example Treasure Chest), it will automatically notify players having that inventory open.
Hope that makes sense to you! :slight_smile:
Ah here is a video showing multiplayer capabilities of the plugin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1Ku9ozHXQM&feature=youtu.be

Hey everyone, believe or not but after 3 years the plugin got major update. There are many new exciting things coming like:

• completely new look which fits well Medieval theme
  • Online Vendors where you can purchase items with real (credit card) or virtual currency
  • leveling system and avatar
  • your account and profile details
  • friends and invitation system

More about this in the videobelow! Enjoy!

1 Like

2021 April update is finally in the marketplace ready to download :eek:

List of new features:

• registration, login, password reset
  • profile, avatar, progression
  • online store and inventory
  • friends and communication
  • transactions with virtual currency and your credit card
  • full Server – Client integration for in game transactions (global vendors with Virtual and real currency)
  • new examples with polished look and improved server-client mechanics.

Where to download?
https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp…ventory-system

MRPG Inventory plugin got new polished look:

I just submitted second part of the Online Services added to the plugin:

I just published 3rd and last tutorial - How to Create Online Store in the new Multiplayer Inventory System!

Support thread is updated to reflect all 2021 APRIL CHANGES! Enjoy!

Is there currently a way to save the equipped items in multiplayer so the players loadout is the same every time?

i.e. Player equips a Xsolla purchased virtual global armor piece and gloves, is there a way so that every time the player joins the game and is logged into the invent/store system the same armor piece and gloves are equipped at the start of each session? i.e. Global invent item equip is saved.

Of course, MRPG integration extends Xsolla freatures, so you can pick/purchase/equip items. Everything supports multiplayer.

I have pick/purchase/equip working with Xsolla already. Now want to make it so that once player equips something it stays equipped every time they log in.

Set a default container item in the Equipment Component once equipped. How? The default array that loads the helmet as equipped on start has to be accessible and saveable somehow.

Custom user attribute on Xsolla I think. ‘previously equipped items’ => ‘none,none,none,GoldHelmet,none,none,RedSuit’ and then parse and apply on load.
image_2022-03-22_161247