Moving multiple buttons smoothly together using blueprints

Just finished this. I had no success using the timeline so I had to use event tick instead.
https://.be/
Here is the finished code: GitHub: Let’s build from here · GitHub
Just know you can’t download the code directly. You have to use the git and clone the repo

Looks nice, well done. I was able to do this using animations. So far I have setup only for one way but it should be easy from now to get it in moving the other way.
Uploaded Gif here because of max file size over here.

Thx. To be honest yours looks nicer. So if you did this using animations is it dynamic? I mean if in the future you decided to add new buttons or space does is it handle new configurations easily? and one more thing. Can you send me the project code? I wanna compare it with mine

We could exchange code via discord if you like. I won’t be able to share the whole thing because I have other stuff I have been working on that I need to keep to myself. This has all been hard coded, it’s not dynamic at all. I I have just created 6 buttons (double the quantity of all buttons, each button is added twice) then use animation to shuffle them around, same goes for opacity. I have 3 animation sets which I play based on the value of a variable which I set when animation is played. For far I have it working for mouse wheel up I need to code the other part. Then I would have to adapt @Everynone solution to display which one is actually selected.
My discord: Matek#6387

Edit: I’m just thinking about making this dynamic. I suppose you can because I’m not moving the actual widget button but the frame its sitting in. Right now the button widgets are added by hand in the designer.

What solution?

Never mind I need to get the reverse movement working right first and it isn’t, not all the time anyway… :slight_smile:

I’m curious to see what you’ll do with this. Is the middle button always selected? That would be simple on my code. I just add a counter or use a branch to check between two positions in the middle to find the active button.
But I’m still not satisfied with my code. The first and last buttons always go over the edge and I don’t know why. Did you check my code? Maybe you could improve it a little

I haven’t implemented selection yet.
I don’t know how to get your code to work for me. Sent invite over in discord and created a server too.

That’s how far I got. Animations now work both ways regardless of the position. Couple variables did the trick :slight_smile:
I’m using a total of six buttons, two of each kind, which are being moved by the animations inside widget blueprint. I control the opacity using animations too. It took a while to get the right setting but I in total I end up having only 3 animation sets.

Showcase video: Youtube Link