Moderators censoring topics - This NEEDS to stop

Well, it’s now the middle of the week.

As everyone can clearly see, Epic and the community team just Doesn’t Give a LEMON about the community.

I re-invite everyone to re-consider their participation in this hoax.

On my part, from now on I’ll limit my replies to underlining all of epic’s GRAPEFRUIT ups instead of going out of my way to help people solve the ORANGES epic creates.

Why even participate in the forum at all, if you are only going to post when you can dab on Epic? I’ve really appreciated your inputs in forum posts going back to topics from even years ago, but if you’re not going to be helpful, and only will chime in to point out Epic’s shortcomings, that sounds kinda toxic, to be honest.

No engine, software, or tool is perfect, and neither is CryEngine Lumberyard O3DE I bet. Best we can do is offer constructive criticism, and help each other around shortcomings and limitations.

4 Likes

I just died laughing reading this post.

1 Like

ignore people, do it for yourself, not for profit but because you know how. ALL games get complaints… AAA and indie alike. stop caring what trolls and ungreatfull people think and do it for the reason you started. for fun. if you seek fame or money without a huge laundry list of degrees GOODLUCK.

THIS! Ignore the naysayers is what I tell everyone else. Suppose it wouldn’t be a horrible move to start taking my own advice?

I started the wrong way tbh. - The real kicker, the core passion, is being in visionary entrepreneur mode. I loath the actual dev tasks, that dev nerds love doing. Why take away their jobs, neglect mine, do a bad job and deliver nothing?

Making cold calls, writing emails, setting up spreadsheets, hunting like a shark for funding, paying people more than agreed on, nailing down the exact time to send an e-mail, getting the bank to do things my way, working towards the world’s best logistics pipeline, now THAT is something to wake up for!

Whatever makes us feel best, is what we should aim to getting paid for.

I feel personally attacked :nerd_face:

Yeah, it’s my blue collar mouth going all unhinged :stuck_out_tongue:
A different way of saying this would be “those overlooked and often underpaid & taken-for-granted passionate spirits who make the actual dream into a possible reality.”

EDIT: Ok. THIS is how to publicly talk about our projects when doing the business stuff. It can attract those left behind in their job, looking for something worth the time to become a part of.

Let us move it into the topic.

Was I in charge, I would ask the community: “How do we as a company suck?”
Then implement changes to turn suck into awesome.
When people say version 4.14 was the end of improvements, that one is a huge red flag.

Putting a positive spin on bad things, is just denial, for it will come back one day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry but you are delusional if you don’t see the amount of improvements UE has received from 4.14 to 4.27.

1 Like

Thread OP linked to was getting out of hand. I would have nuked it out of orbit as well.
muting this thread after posting this

1 Like

Reliable improvements would be a better way of putting it.

What improvements? Everything that used to actually work steadily and surely deteriorated from landscapes to the rendering pipeline particularly after .25
Heck in .22 for at least 3 months the whole landscape would return null physmats unless you used source.
There’s a pile of issues they created that’s literally never-ending.
If you think .27 is any good, you are the delusional one…

Please use the correct word.

Censorship” would have been a deletion of the topic and deletion of every related topics (including this one).
This is just “Moderation” and it’s very much essential to any forum or public discussion space.

5 Likes

The topic is visible to US, not to everyone.
That is Censorship.

Removing things from view because you can’t take 5 minutes to literally “DO YOUR JOB” (when it comes to paid epic employees) which would be “Moderation” IS Censorhip.
Period.

Unless you hate logic. then sure, whatever floats your boat.

1 Like

Sorry I’m also out of this thread.
Can’t stand these comments anymore without headaches.

When you don’t like any changes since 4.14 keep using 4.14. Noone cares. I’m having no blocker issues with the current releases.

Well, I’m from France and I can 100% see the topic, so I don’t really understand this…

Saying “Period” does not make you right. And I’m pretty sure deleting insults is not censorship.

2 Likes

I’d like to see more moderation/censorship, personally.

Sometimes it’s a good thing.

2 Likes

Interesting… I like you, too. …

2 Likes

It’s like everything that’s wrong with humanity and the internet all rolled up into one thread.

3 Likes

As I await for a deletion request for this account to get fulfilled, let me give you all a super good advice for life.
While the world is making noise, put your focus 100% on your plan in silence.