Mobile Touch, Swipe, Tap & Dbl Tap! Get it here... for free ;)

from the quick little test that I have done, on the InputTouch::Pressed node, you could put a timer that if it reaches a certain amount of time and that you still have your finger on scree, do a certain action. As far as setting up the timer, that’s up to you.

But it does seem feasable since I was able to make it print a string for as long as I had my finger pressed on the screen.

thank you so much for your generous sharing.

Can you also kindly do and share how to pinch to zoom in camera ? thank you

Hi ansonkit,

thanks for the feedback. For pinch and zoom, you can take a look here → https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?68201-Pinch-to-zoom-on-mobile-devices

checked that too, but I failure to re-produce that with my zero knowledge in programming. Thanks

How to add tilt controls?

Thank you very much, you saved my project and open the door for future S2

hello how can i access this project

@maparizeau I’m interested to this too but there arent’ images of blueprint on top of the thread…
Thank you!

Thank you Sir!

My pleasure… But don’t call me sir… I still feel young! loll :cool:

I can’t enlarge attached images !!!

hi mhmudfadel

right click on them, and depending on your browser, you can save them. But you can also go to my site and view them in a lightbox. Just go down in the article and click on the first image :wink:

Here’s the link http://thehangarstudio.com/2015/09/unreal-engine-mobile-touch/

Hi

Please help me for rotate the object , with Touch

Thanks.:slight_smile:

hi Hamedudk

from what I can understand from the post that you have linked in your comment, you want an object to rotate when you swipe left or right?

Easy, in the tick event, instead of Add Movement Input, you would replace that with a rotation node. As for which one, you will have to explore that one.

Now don’t forget, this script, in the screenshots, is attached to the character blueprint. so make sure that you, either put this on the actor in question or that you specify what as to be turned.

happy game deving :wink:

thanks a lot mate it help a lot , and i wish one day you can make for us a tutorial on youtube which is a lot easier .

thanks for the comment.

I will look into that and try to find a spot in my busy schedule.

Happy game deving :wink:

Wow. This is a very generous resource.

How would you integrate holding touch screen down with your current configuration??

Thank you.

It’s my pleasure. As for your question, it will depend on what you are trying to achieve. If you look at the InputTouch node, everything that has do with a press - finger touching the screen, holding down, etc, is handle on the Pressed option. And everything that has to do with removing your finger, not touching the screen, etc. has to do with the Release option. So, what are trying to do exactly?

Hi mhnomi,

Sorry for the delay, I’ve been very busy and honestly, I kind of forgot about you request. Now I didn’t do a video tutorial on YouTube. But I did put it up on my website. Which seems to be easier to follow and/or read. So hope this helps in the meantime :wink:

http://thehangarstudio.com/2015/09/unreal-engine-mobile-touch/

regards and happy game deving everyone :wink:

Thank you for advice.

I wanted to differentiate tap(time between touch and untouch is very short) vs hold then release(time between touch and untouch is longer, like .6 seconds.)

I found this in other thread on the forum

&d=1430674383

I was wondering how to safely integrate.