Mobile Multiplayer

Hence my Feature request :slight_smile: I really appreciate you digging through the source code for me to confirm, Iā€™m always afraid Iā€™ve missed something when Iā€™ve been looking :slight_smile:

bumpā€¦ :slight_smile: so does what is asking exist? or is a feature request needed?

Can Epic please answer this :frowning:

With mobile VR out and horrible non-VR mobile market saturation, who needs Google Play services?! o.O

What would be nice is to have multiplayer that works out of the box on Gear VR and that allows running AI and some logic on the server and relay it to the client with low latency. Server would run on Linux/Windows and client would be Gear VR.

I donā€™t know if Oculus is planning on achievements / stats, but if so, that would be a good addition to UE4.

This is a joke, right?

Not at all. Mobile (smarphones) platform sucks compare to other markets/platforms.

Can we please stay on topic ? This is a thread to ask Epic to add multiplayer support for mobile online subsystems i.e. google play and apple game center

Thanks

so, how staying on topic of ā€œ**ask **epic to add featureā€ would end up with different result from their non topic posts? how you can even discuss anything in the topic about asking someone to do something, if those one is in read only mode. If epic would have something to say, they would, but any grown company do not comment any requests if they can guarantee it being satisfied.

Can you back it up with data or is this only in your head?

Sorry, I couldnā€™t make sense of the first two sentences but the third one I think I get. Epic would normally,if they see this as a valid request, put it on their Trello board where users can vote. Epic can then implement when they see fit, or not. Thatā€™s as far as I understand the process. I ask you to stay on topic so that if and when Epic do review this thread, they are clear on what is being requested

thanks,

So, Epic can you add this to your Trello board ?

Hi Psychogony - Iā€™m trying to do this - do you mind posting the bug fix you made as Iā€™m unable to get local wifi working between two android devices?
See: Android as host not working - Mobile - Epic Developer Community Forums

Hi,

I join the discussion because Iā€™m VERY interested in this.

Does using this code work? https://developers.google.com/games/services/cpp/realtimeMultiplayer

Hi,
Maybe somebody can help on this topic for Mobile multiplayer.

What is the status of Mobile Multiplayer request?

Bump. It is January 2016 and still no complete Mobile Multiplayer support. What is the status? I donā€™t see it on the trello board. Is this even a concern for Epic?

This topic is VERY VERY VERY important to me!

Has anyone looked into a 3rd-party option, like GameSparks? It doesnā€™t look like real-time multiplayer support for Google Play or Game Center is on the radar yet, but Iā€™m investigating GameSparks now. It seems possible, but Iā€™m not sure if there would be any drawbacks aside from sidestepping the UE4 built-in networking.