Mixamo has been acquired by Adobe

Yes its free, but its unclear what will happen after the transition ends
fuse users on steam are quite upset because mixamo were not clear about what happen que th them afer transition.
1 what will happen with soft updatees
2 what will happen with the free autorigs they promise for fuse users who bought the soft and the soft include that free autorigs

I think mixamo is handling this very badly, at least for customers on steam. (

What’s there to be confused about? Fuse owners get unlimited free rigs. It’s even in the product description.:confused:

I’m guessing they are getting confused about the OLD free program, which did charge for rigs. Now full Fuse is free, get that instead. No more problems. (Never underestimate the possibility of internet users to completely misunderstand something).

EDIT: My mistake, I’ve had a look, and people are complaining that the program they paid is now free, and so they should get refunds. I see no merit in that argument.

Im on my phone now but try search on steam forum… the “free” stuff could end when transition to adobe ends. Hope not but mixamo devs say that they dont know yet what will happen.
on mixamo forums they said they can confirm nothing yet for steam users.

So they are complaining that the stuff might only be free until the end of the year? I don’t get that, either. (Mind you, I never understood why people complained that there were premium animations on the website that they had to pay for, and that all the content should be free).

I think people may be complaining because the soft for witch they paid can not be updated any more unless you subscribe to cs and autorigs that come included with this purchase can not be include d any more. I think is pretty clear. Hope they clarify this and all end happy

people are complaining about having bought Fuse through steam in the lastest sale “Last Month” only now to hear that the software is free, i’d be well p****ed off if it was me, yes i’m a little mifted that i paid for it last year, getting a “WOW” 10 free autorigs for none Fuse characters doesn’t do anything for me, as if i make a character outside of Fuse then i use that software to create the rig/skin.

i think this will just get more people moving to MakeHuman / Blender , lets be honest Fuse characters was ok for dev but not really what you would expect to see in a pay for game

Too late ;): http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/about-us/news-awards/the-foundry-announces-new-investment-from-hgcapital/

I don’t know about this stuff, but I would think an investment firm would be likely to sell it pretty easily/quickly. Perhaps they will wait until it increases in value a bit and then sell it off to someone like Adobe

That’s usually how investment firm operate from my limited understanding but for the time being Modo is safe from the hands of Adobe and Autodesk.Adobe buying Mixamo is odd, the last time Adobe was interested in 3D was in the 90’s, with Adobe Dimension but that quicky faded away.

I’m surprised they didn’t go for Allegorithmic. Something like Substance Painter would be right up their alley. I’m sure they have their reasons. Money, probably. :slight_smile:

Or maybe guys from Allegorithmic are not that easy to buy off.
Contrary to public believe, not everyone does everything to get more money :D.

DDo would probably be a better fit than Substance—since it’s already a tool integrated with Photoshop, at least it was originally—I haven’t checked out their big release yet.