missing parts of object with High Detail reconstruction.

I mean that you could use what you got and re-create the geometry with a different software, then import that into RC and texture it. From your question I gather that you are not experienced doing this so it would probably take much longer than re-shooting - though without the organizing :slight_smile:

There are also spraypaints available that can be easily removed afterwards (I think they are also water soluble), which is probably quicker than using chalk or stickers. No idea where to get them though…

I am pretty new :) 

We did run these photos through a different software and got results that looked better, but 1. that tool is cost prohibitive (not to mention seems to encourage lock-in into their suite of software), and 2. the detail up close wasn’t very good.

I’ll see about importing their geometry though - hadn’t thought about that. 

Spray chalk is something we looked at but we have to be very careful with aerosol cans at this site.

I always imagined that normal wallpaint (diluted?) in a pump spray can should also do the trick…

Maybe you can export rectified images from the other software? I did that once and it helped a lot within RC. You won’t be able to get more than you see on the images though, so don’t expect miracles!  :slight_smile:

Hi John,

I’m a bit late to the conversation, have you already resolved your issue?

I’ve had great luck merging scan data off the BLK360 with photo sets. I did export e57 files from ReCap then imported those to Reality Capture. You need to make sure you export ‘COMPLETE’ e57 files so that the scan data is pre-aligned before it comes into RC. Once in RC we’ve found adjusting the ‘Minimal Distance between two points’ in Reconstruction Settings to 2mm allows you to align the laser scans with photos. 

See this thread where my colleague Spencer discusses the problem and it is resolved by Cabral.

I also have further documentation of our workflow for BLK360 > RC so let me know if you need support!