Missing Game Binary, cant pack a game on Win64 shipping mode

Hello Pete,

I found this thread while searching answers for a similar issue here, it’s hard to determine what Visual Studio 2013 defaults to as a target, only “Develop…” shows in small window, clicking on it doesn’t display the current selection, just the list. I’m suspecting it defaults to “Development Editor”, since in Editor while packaging I got the “Error Missing UE4Game binary”. Per your instructions I set the target to “Development”, right-clicked UE4 in the right panel, selected Build, which succeeded. I then right-clicked UE4 and selected Debug new instance and this message came up

70535-project_out_of_date.png

, so I went ahead and tried to build again. Then this message came up

70536-oculus_audio.png

. I searched how to disable the OculusAudio plugin, and it appears all that takes place in Editor under Plugins, disabled anything Oculus, went back a few steps to rebuild and debug, same results.

Many thanks for helping me sort this out. I’m also attaching here the original Output Log that lead me to setting the target to Environment. Maybe, you see something.[link text][3]

Again, thanks!

For everyone who is frustrated with not being able to see the configuration name in the Visual Studio toolbar, here is how to make that dropdown list wider so you can see the selected configuration.

1. Click the small dropdown arrow to the right of the Standard toolbar (the toolbar with the configuration list in it). It is a small triangle with a line above it. If another toolbar is visible to the right of the Standard toolbar, don’t use that dropdown, use the one on the Standard toolbar.
  2. Click or just hover the mouse over Add or Remove Buttons.
  3. Click Customize… near the bottom of the menu. (Scroll the menu if needed.)
  4. Click Solution Configurations in the Controls list. (Scroll the list if needed.)
  5. Click the Modify Selection button.
  6. Change the Width to a larger number. I have mine set to 160.
  7. Click the Close button to close the dialog.