Menu Starter Kit

Hi
I’m having trouble trying to set this up
I have selected the “Show engine content” and “Show plugin content” but no files show up in the content folder
Also have followed the documentation but can only get a few steps as I can’t get anything to show up in the content folder to edit it

This looks amazing and your code and documentation look very professional, great work! In the documentation it says: “Basic save system (position, look direction, screenshot, save metadata)”.

Do you know how hard it would be to add saving the game state. If a player adds static meshes to the level, will they be saved? Like a sandbox game.

Also, how hard would it be to add another button on the “Main Menu” for achievements?

You have to collect all the data you want to save from the game world yourself and fill it into the savegame. Same goes for restoring the saved game state. Of course you can add as many variables to the BP_Savegame as you want. Check the tutorial about using the savegame.

Adding the menu point is simple. Just add it to the layout in the main menu. To make it work perfectly with keyboard focus and animations and so on, just look at the other buttons and do the same stuff with your new button. For the widget make sure it extends BP_BaseWidget (create the widget and then reparent it), so you can use my change menu function.

See the email you got. To others with this problem: Make sure you have the plugin enabled and the content browser shows the folders for engine and plugin content. You should see a lot of new folders next to you own content (and source) folder.

See the email you got. To others with this problem: Make sure you have the plugin enabled and the content browser shows the folders for engine and plugin content. You should see a lot of new folders next to you own content (and source) folder.

[/QUOTE]

I have enabled the plugin and selected the engine content and plugin content and still no files show up
Try it on 4.18 4.17 and 4.15
Even tried reinstalling the engines and plugin, same thing

Hello,
I’m having trouble translating the menus.
I added the plugin content folder in “Gather from Packages / Include Path Wildcards”. When I click “Gather Text”, Nothing more is collected. There are no specific instructions in documentation. What should I do ?

Thank you.

P.S : And merry Christmas, maybe happy new year in some days :slight_smile:

Hello again,
I still can’t translate and I’m facing another crazy problem : When I edit your blueprints, everything is fine. They Compile nicely.
BUT, if I try to package the project, there are errors about the options Event nodes. I tried on Ubuntu and even Windows (cry lol) : same thing

[SPOILER]

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler WBP_SettingsAudio] Event node  Value Changed (SliderVoice)  is out-of-date.  Please refresh it. from Source: /MenuStarterKitPlugin/MenuStarterKit/UserInterface/Widgets/Settings/WBP_SettingsAudio.WBP_SettingsAudio
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler WBP_SettingsAudio] Event node  Value Changed (SliderSFX)  is out-of-date.  Please refresh it. from Source: /MenuStarterKitPlugin/MenuStarterKit/UserInterface/Widgets/Settings/WBP_SettingsAudio.WBP_SettingsAudio
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler WBP_SettingsAudio] Event node  Value Changed (SliderMusic)  is out-of-date.  Please refresh it. from Source: /MenuStarterKitPlugin/MenuStarterKit/UserInterface/Widgets/Settings/WBP_SettingsAudio.WBP_SettingsAudio
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler WBP_SettingsAudio] Event node  Value Changed (SliderMaster)  is out-of-date.  Please refresh it. from Source: /MenuStarterKitPlugin/MenuStarterKit/UserInterface/Widgets/Settings/WBP_SettingsAudio.WBP_SettingsAudio
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler WBP_SettingsAudio] Event node  SelectionChanged (AudioQuality)  is out-of-date.  Please refresh it. from Source: /MenuStarterKitPlugin/MenuStarterKit/UserInterface/Widgets/Settings/WBP_SettingsAudio.WBP_SettingsAudio
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler WBP_SettingsDisplay] Event node  SelectionChanged (WindowMode)  is out-of-date.  Please refresh it. from Source: /MenuStarterKitPlugin/MenuStarterKit/UserInterface/Widgets/Settings/WBP_SettingsDisplay.WBP_SettingsDisplay
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler WBP_SettingsDisplay] Event node  SelectionChanged (FPSLimit)  is out-of-date.  Please refresh it. from Source: /MenuStarterKitPlugin/MenuStarterKit/UserInterface/Widgets/Settings/WBP_SettingsDisplay.WBP_SettingsDisplay
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler WBP_SettingsDisplay] Event node  SelectionChanged (Resolution)  is out-of-date.  Please refresh it. from Source: /MenuStarterKitPlugin/MenuStarterKit/UserInterface/Widgets/Settings/WBP_SettingsDisplay.WBP_SettingsDisplay
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler WBP_SettingsDisplay] Event node  SelectionChanged (VSync)  is out-of-date.  Please refresh it. from Source: /MenuStarterKitPlugin/MenuStarterKit/UserInterface/Widgets/Settings/WBP_SettingsDisplay.WBP_SettingsDisplay
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler WBP_SettingsDisplay] Event node  ValueChanged (FieldOfView)  is out-of-date.  Please refresh it. from Source: /MenuStarterKitPlugin/MenuStarterKit/UserInterface/Widgets/Settings/WBP_SettingsDisplay.WBP_SettingsDisplay
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler WBP_SettingsInput] Event node  SelectionChanged (InvertMouseX)  is out-of-date.  Please refresh it. from Source: /MenuStarterKitPlugin/MenuStarterKit/UserInterface/Widgets/Settings/WBP_SettingsInput.WBP_SettingsInput
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler WBP_SettingsInput] Event node  SelectionChanged (InvertMouseY)  is out-of-date.  Please refresh it. from Source: /MenuStarterKitPlugin/MenuStarterKit/UserInterface/Widgets/Settings/WBP_SettingsInput.WBP_SettingsInput
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler WBP_SettingsInput] Event node  SelectionChanged (InvertControllerX)  is out-of-date.  Please refresh it. from Source: /MenuStarterKitPlugin/MenuStarterKit/UserInterface/Widgets/Settings/WBP_SettingsInput.WBP_SettingsInput
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler WBP_SettingsInput] Event node  ValueChanged (RightStickSensitivity)  is out-of-date.  Please refresh it. from Source: /MenuStarterKitPlugin/MenuStarterKit/UserInterface/Widgets/Settings/WBP_SettingsInput.WBP_SettingsInput
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler WBP_SettingsInput] Event node  ValueChanged (LeftStickSensitivity)  is out-of-date.  Please refresh it. from Source: /MenuStarterKitPlugin/MenuStarterKit/UserInterface/Widgets/Settings/WBP_SettingsInput.WBP_SettingsInput
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler WBP_SettingsInput] Event node  ValueChanged (MouseSensitivity)  is out-of-date.  Please refresh it. from Source: /MenuStarterKitPlugin/MenuStarterKit/UserInterface/Widgets/Settings/WBP_SettingsInput.WBP_SettingsInput
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler WBP_SettingsInput] Event node  SelectionChanged (InvertControllerY)  is out-of-date.  Please refresh it. from Source: /MenuStarterKitPlugin/MenuStarterKit/UserInterface/Widgets/Settings/WBP_SettingsInput.WBP_SettingsInput
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler WBP_Option] Event node  SelectionChanged (Selection)  is out-of-date.  Please refresh it. from Source: /MenuStarterKitPlugin/MenuStarterKit/UserInterface/Widgets/Settings/WBP_Option.WBP_Option

[/SPOILER]

Arn’t the references a bit weird ? I mean, it says “[something].[something]” instead of “[something].uasset”. Here is an example : WBP_SettingsAudio.WBP_SettingsAudio

This translation feature is still in beta and there are some weird bugs sometimes. Maybe the problem is that I moved all the content into the plugin folder. In that case you could fix this by moving the plugin content into your project. Use the UE4 content browser to move the files, as the internal references have to be updated. I will check this when I am back home on my pc.

Edit: I can reproduce it. Moving the content from the plugin directory into the project fixes this issue.

It’s a known issue, that appeared when I ported to 4.18, I think. While I don’t know how to fix these custom events, there is a workaround: Instead of binding the events on compile time you can bind them at runtime using the “bind event to” call. I uploaded the workaround for all widgets I saw with this error so far to my google drive here. You can implement the same “fix” for other errors of this kind.
Linux Masterrace btw! :slight_smile:

Thats normal. Don’t know why they are called like this though.

PS: Happy new year everyone!

This still does not work. I can not package any project unless the plug-in is enabled (even if I don’t use the plugin.) I have tried removing the plugin and I still get the error on all packaging. Even though I actually like this menu system I can’t give it any good rating if it forces me to have to use it on any project I make.

I tried around a bit and I think I found what causes your issue: Did you have the plugin enabled, maybe start the editor tutorial and THEN disable it? That’s the only way I could reproduce the issue. Looks like the editor does not remove the tutorial reference when the plugin is disabled.

After a lot of trial and error I found a way to fix this: You have to delete some files in your AppData directory. I don’t know which files exactly, as I just deleted all files and folders related to UE4 I could find in …\AppData\Roaming and …\AppData\Local.

Note: If you delete these files you have to recompile all shaders, which can take some time and your first build afterwards will probably also take longer.

It took a while to find it. I had to do a lot of trial and error also.
I found the file to delete:
\AppData\Local\UnrealEngine\4.18 (or whatever version you are using)

I just have a small issue with PIE. What I usually do when I start the game in the editor is hit F11 to go to full screen but it doesn’t work when I’m in the menu. Any ideas how to work around that?

Some menus have special keyboard input (for example esc for back) and have a function to listen for this input. Most probably one of them consumes the F11 input, so it doesn’t get passed on to the PIE. A workaround would be to play in a new PIE window or as Standalone Game. The PIE window is faster, but you can only maximize it but no real fullscreen (if I am not mistaken).

Hello again !

I found a new problem : If I move a sound slider, it changes the value in game.ini, BUT the sound mix looks unchanged, because I don’t hear any changes.
Weird detail : If I drag the slider cursor to 0, it still cuts the sound !.
I’m using the default soudclasses and your BP_GameInstance.

Edit : Ok, values from the sliders are between [0-100]. So : I divide them before sending them to class volume. Also, I’m using a Sound Mix and my own classes now with a master one and three children. Looks fine.

Thank

Thanks for pointing that out. Don’t forget to also multiply by 100 when you load the current volumes in the settings widget. I will fix this issue with the next update.

4.19 Preview its out. Any estimation when the update will be ready? Thanks in advance.

I cannot compile against the preview, as this version would not work with the final 4.19, so ​​​​​​​probably around two weeks after 4.19 release, depending on how much I have to edit and how fast Epic reviews the updated files.

When I load a level from the level selection I have no problems but I do not understand where is the command inside the bp. I looked for it in wbplevelselection but only find the back command.

I was wondering the best way to load the levels. I noticed that it is quite slow when loading a new level. Perhaps I should use the streaming of the levels instead of the classic load?

thank you

edit: i found where the level load is…the second question remains open

would you have a video tutorial to launch are own games on your menu starter kit
Screen capture - 2fcb31bc41eedcf1216ce064e5f5e21a - Gyazo DT_Levels

I haven’t tried out level streaming yet, but from what I know that’s for huge open world maps, that consist of multiple levels.

I don’t have any video tutorials, sorry.