Download

MatLayerBlend_AO node Error

Hi everyone ,

I had an issue with MatLayerBlend_AO node in master material graph that I’m trying to replicate from this tutorial : DDO Painter for UE4: Master Materials - YouTube .

the problem shown in attached picture with stats of the material graph :

Does it work if you choose only one channel of the AO texture? (move from white to red for example)

Hi cyaoeu ,
thank you very much cyaoeu ,as you said i switched to red channel pin and the error goes away .but why is that .

Best regards,
Chester.

The white channel is all of the color channels (RGB) combined so it’s a vector (float3). The single channels are only a single float value for each “part” of the RGB color if that makes sense. Your AO map is only using grayscale values so it can be displayed using a single float value. And it seems like in this case the blend node was made to only work with grayscale values.

Thank you cyaoeu for your clarifications ,i understand the channels and all you said but when i opened the texture editor of the AO map it seams like each pin red ,green and blue holds the same ao texture ,and there is this confusion about channels like in quixel and substance painter sometimes they refer to albedo ,metalness,roughness as channels at the same time the R ,G and B they hold also called channels , so they call a texture map a channel and the same time the components of it R,G and B Channels ,so i’m a little confused about that.

Best regards,
Chester.

If the texture doesn’t have color they will all be the same.

Thank you cyaoeu for your help ,i wish you all the best in your projects .

Best regards,
Chester.