Maths

Another math question. The coordinates of the points V1 and V2 are known, the distance L is known. It is necessary to calculate the coordinates of the point V3. I am interested in the built-in UE4 functions that will allow this to be calculated. You can also give trigonometric formulas.

1 Like

Thank you, this is what I need. The get unit direction (vector) function returns values from 0 to 1, which are the direction. The variable rotator also shows the direction. What is the connection between them. How to translate the values at the output of the get unit direction (vector) function into a rotator and vice versa?

Sword strikes.

1 Like

The coordinates of points V1 and V2 and the angle A are known. D1 = D2.
It is necessary to find the coordinates of the point V3.

Isn’t this something covered in primary school and very easy to research on your own? Besides that, the angle makes little sense here since we’re in 3d. You may need to rethink what really needs doing or discard an axis.

If you know the plane you want to rotate in, you can rotate a vector:

1 Like

A is a rotation in space and consists of three rotations.

I know the school curriculum, but I don’t know UE4 well. If the question is simple, then the easiest way is to ask. But if the question is difficult, then I have to decide. So sorry for the stupid questions.

Rotate Vector is the answer, as above.

This:

Gives you this:

1 Like

Thanks for the example. The easiest way for me to learn UE4 is with simple examples.

Here is the answer to my question:
V3 = (V2 - V1)RotateVector + V1

But he knows a lot, and I don’t know anything.

If no one helps me, then I will never finish my AAA project.

So… how many millions are we investing? How many pros are you staffing? How many years can you keep going?

What’s wrong with focusing on something Small & Awesome? Screw AAAs

I’d be so chuffed with a B-

2 Likes

I’m kidding.

Where can I see what you are working on?

I did not get it. My bad then :expressionless:

Good luck with the swordplay!

1 Like

There is a character bone that changes its position and rotation in space.
V1 is a point with known coordinates.
V2 is the previous position of the bone.
V3 is the current position of the bone.
V4 is the coordinates of the point to be calculated.

This thread has been super helpful. I love buffing up my UE4 math skills. Woot!

1 Like

I previously asked a question, where knowing V1, V2 and R we found V3. Now the conditions of the problem are changing.
We now know V1, V2 and V3.
How to calculate the rotator R (P, Y, R)?
How to calculate the angle between vector V1V2 and V1V3?

I don’t understand how to convert a rotator to a vector and back. R1 is not equal to R2.

The coordinates of points A, B and C are known. How to find the coordinates of point D?