Download

Marketplace Policy on Copyright and Trademark-Protected Content

Quick question, let’s say I’m adding the default third person UE4 Mannequin to an example level in my marketplace asset, do I need to remove the logo on his chest?

What are the marketplace limitations on text in a quiz game? Are they considering quiz questions on Copyrighted works Restricted content? A quiz style game with questions in text form about a movie, TV Show or let say a quiz game template created blueprints containing 100 questions on video games like “Fortnite” etc… Generally trivia games that ask factual questions in text about all kinds of subjects are considered fair use.

b. You represent and warrant that you have all intellectual property rights necessary for you to grant Epic the rights set forth in this Agreement, including all necessary patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights, in and to your Content. If third-party materials are included in the Content, you represent and warrant that you have the right to distribute the third-party material in the Content. You agree that you will not submit material to the Marketplace that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret, or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including patent, privacy, and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from the rightful owner to submit the material to the Marketplace.

I would love to see ray-tracing CGI of Steven Spielberg’s Animaniacs in next year of Unreal Engine 4 technological improvements. I mean fanbase of Animaniacs equivalent with Disney/Lucas Film Star Wars imagine also 4K cutscenes of fanmade cutscenes in Mantinee Mode(equivalent to Source Film Maker). Speaking of Unreal Engine 4 GDC 2020. How unfortunate that creators of Ratchet and Clank live-action movie Rainmaker Studios cancelled Popeye live-action movie with cartoon 3d aesthetics kind of like that happened with some TMNT cartoons, Inspector Gadget, Garfield, Alvin and the Chipmunks. Sweet and lovely nostalgia. Also Warner Bros will be involved in Flintstones tv cartoon reboot. Wonderful news, right? Do you think Sonic the Hedgehog live-action movie fan service is better than generic film kind of like fan edited live-action movie of Disney’s The Lion King. Let’s forget about Jazz Jackrabbit(because it’s not popular so it’s waste of Epic Games/Tencent money so nobody cares you are doing whatever you want) and never mention it again in this forum. Because I’m just frustrating you guys. I don’t want to be jerk anymore. Once again so sorry for my chaotic speech of sentences. Let’s back to topic shall we? If someone is 3d modelling, rigging and animating expert(not me) then how long have to wait for permission to distribute assets in Unreal marketplace?

About creative commons atribuition (Creative Commons — Attribution 4.0 International — CC BY 4.0) it says I’m free to use commercialy if I adapt, being only necessary to give appropriate credit. Is it good to use those kind of 3D assets in my marketplace plugin or could happen any problems from it?

My opinion regarding this falls under the following statement (Under the Following Terms):
"
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
"

This particularly means that your work could also to be adapted and used commercially, since you can’t change the behavior the license has, but perpetuate it along your products. This is my understanding, I might be wrong. Is this really what you want to? How do you plan to make noticeable the attribution to the original work and the changes you promoted? Seems too much job to me and high risk.

I see, so its possible to be interpretated as my whole work also becoming Creative Commons, yeah thats definetly not what I want. Thanks for the help!