Marketplace Policy on Copyright and Trademark-Protected Content

My opinion regarding this falls under the following statement (Under the Following Terms):
"
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
"

This particularly means that your work could also to be adapted and used commercially, since you can’t change the behavior the license has, but perpetuate it along your products. This is my understanding, I might be wrong. Is this really what you want to? How do you plan to make noticeable the attribution to the original work and the changes you promoted? Seems too much job to me and high risk.

I see, so its possible to be interpretated as my whole work also becoming Creative Commons, yeah thats definetly not what I want. Thanks for the help!

If I know about thief of assets .Where I shoud send it.There is huge link with 3000 assets. Dont wanna post it here .This guy is taking 10 procent money for assets :slight_smile: .Please contact on my email .

Can I use in my BP template epic mannequin animations? These animations aren’t main aspect of my project? I want to distribute my asset pack without issues.

in my opinion there should be universal standards for all the products in the marketplace I have noticed that some things are not very compatible I understand that there are 100 ways to do the same thing but the most effective method should be a stqndard

I agree with this statement first because if anything falls under some law that stops the user from using the content, they purchased legally for use in their own projects within the Unreal Editor then they should be notified & refunded based on any conflicts with regional issues regarding copyright & licensing according to whatever state or province on this planet that law applies in the specific geographical region of the world which may have different views on content & it’s legality, as i’m not a solicitor in law or more specific copyright law & it’s infringements according to state or province.

That being said i really don’t want a legal battle over of a style of chair one uses as props because it’s too much like the Throne that Game Of Thrones uses in its show there for copyrighted by some producer & publisher, it would be assumed most things fall into a set shape or function & to change it would drastically effect what the purpose of the original product was designed for and who came up with the concept then who actually put that idea into mass production.

I’m sure many ideas for inventions were used by people before they become standard in today’s society then put into mass markets locally & globally & copyrighted by merchants, most inventors do not mass produce or have the compacity or business sense to market their idea to a wider audience, just like Epic acts as the platform that allows developers to use a product like the Unreal editor to then market goods on its market service or other services where you may have the right to publish content in this category.

For example, a Car is an invention but so is every part the automobile uses to breach copyright law in my opinion would be to create an exact copy of a known design then try to gain profit from that same design with the same branding to an entirely different parent company that holds no license or right to copy or reproduce the same product or variants of it that may fall under some set guidelines that fall under what international regulator for states & provinces globally which is?

If China & America disagree on the content’s origin, who arbitrates those decisions? The U.N or some other international body that upholds EULA law & agrees to copyright laws on a global basis & can enforce action on those that break conditions or laws according to state or province where the law is applicable.

How do you determine if content is to be restricted to the entire global community if those communities all have different laws & regulations which may contradict each other.

@Cenobite69 Bro copyright applies only to Music Texture Mesh Names at the legal level all copyright complaint they don’t make sense to me watch LOL DOTA and other 1000 mobas of various types 1 game sold 1000 times but with Music Mesh Texture Names brand new, discussing copyright it makes me laugh Hard, What is truly tragic is the lack of imagination of the market we are in a matrix off clones off clones off clones off clones GameWar: Clone War VII it’s called the free market it works like this, I described in the most brutal way possible with an example inspired by real events…I cloned your game with better graphics and cooler stuff you sue me, and I accuse you of monopoly and copying too after a bloody battle between lawyers while we fight another 1000 completely unknown to us 2 do the same thing…Free Market no one dares to do something new

Today if you create something new new new you have to divide the project in two and create controlled a competition when someone new enters the market you blast them white 2 legal Copyright Purge

codes have no copyright code a bullet has been the same form a nasa space program…HAHAHAHAAHAH

Yeah it’s all blah blah blah to me, most people will create a game then end up in some legal battle because it’s too much like some other content which may have inspired you in the first place. You have a jingle and part of that jingle uses 3 or 4 cords from a famous song. ICE ICE Baby! by Vanilla Ice & Under Pressure by David Bowie are two songs that use a theme that could be contested like many others have been to court over the years, Rap music tends to rip off a lot of samples from other forms of music from classical to popular top 40 type hits then gets sued when it makes a million on the radio so they tend to be underground not radio published…

@Cenobite69 videogames are different bro trust me wif copyright were applied as is applied to a music idustry all new upcomig game be brought to court by the Japanese Konami and oters…since all the concepts come from retro games ahahahaha no matter what you do the Japanese have already done it…it’s like you want to make a comic cartoon and you discover that whatever you say the Simpsons have already done it

it is a question of large numbers by now video games have reached a number that it is impossible to finish all games in a lifetime

Then why are you allowing AI generated assets on the marketplace, as the sellers do not own the copyrights to the generated content?

2 Likes

Thank you ( spacegojira) for spelling out what’s on everyone’s mind!! Surprisingly there is not a beep from Unreal although you made that post last year. Shows you that they know that what they are doing is terribly wrong.

I was just going to post a question similar to this. They write up some nice wording and all about owning copyrights to generated content and to my surprise the whole store is currently spammed with useless and obviously stolen AI trash.

I didn’t browse this site’s 2D section in a while and I was dismayed to see how this marketplace is slowly turning into a cesspool of AI copyright infringing material with the approval of the curators.

It’s ludicrous how this marketplace curators would nitpick at trivial details when genuine publisher submit assets while at the same time allowing AI illegal content. The whole new release section is littered with AI spam.

1 Like