Map Optimization (FPS)

Here´s a picture of the material.

Removed all the Assets on which I changed the Material. Error still exists. Removed my Lighting. Error still exists.

keep digging in there - the error is with bm_rock_dn. try and remove all instances of that from the map (just to test, dont save) and see if you have issues.
the material looks fine, as far as i can see. only other thing i can think of is the UVs are jacked, or, lighting wasnt built … does ARK use build lighting?

well i guess you answered as i was typing haha

from the error, i am going to assume there is a missing shader in there in reference. further guess would lead me to that rock material
is the rock in one of your clutter layers?

Yes Ark does use Build Lighting. If all fails. Can I simple create the Shader in UE4 for the Material?

try and build lighting and see if that helps … i used to just build anything that started with “build” lol

was that bm_rock_dn some thing you added, or was that a ADK asset?

It was/is an ADK Material. I did not change the Material in anyway.

I´ve got one more thing I can try. Deleting some foliage that is not used on theIsland map of Ark. Cooking my map as of right now and let´s see if that Crash still occurs. Next i am going to verify my game integrity to see if it was related to the game. Currently I´m reading through the post you´ve linked. Fingers crossed.

yeah, just racking my brain on what it could be. Sadly, using 4.16 i have never seen this error, plus, im using my own assets and fully dynamic lighting (and the latest TrueSky to remove all the bugs and stuff). Its just not something i have come across outside of ADK. I havent used ADK since like a year and a half ago? At least the error messages contain useful info, more useless then useful, but, we get an idea lol

Hm nope Error still occurs… I am going to verify my gamecache and ADK itself now

The only place you should want static lighting is inside of caves (as they aren’t affected by the sun’s directional light). If you have any object set to static, or stationary, then the engine will think that you need built lighting for that object. Make sure everything is set to “moveable”, it should be right under where you set an object’s transform value. I don’t have ADK open atm, but in normal UE4 objects placed will default their mobility to “static” which means the engine will prevent that object from being affected by dynamic lighting (and thus need built lighting). If you play the map in the editor, all objects that use static lighting will be “faked” with temporary dynamic lighting if your lighting has not been built.

I believe that’s what is being referenced by the “TBasePassVSFNoLightMapPolicy”. If you’re using dynamic lighting then lightmaps are completely ignored. There should be an option in the editors project settings to completely disable static lighting.

That is my guess at least.

Could be … setting the actors to “movable” isnt a great idea. Just make sure all lights are “movable” and it will set a dynamic lighting. Except cave lighting. You will have to build static lighting from those.
Tho some research pulled up this was a common issue in 4.5.x and below.
some people resolved with a driver update. some had “less then required” hardware … some did a full delete and reinstall of the engine itself …

if all else fails, toss it over and i can give it a run to see if it replicates to my machine. i will have to update ADK first tho haha

Ye thanks,

I´ve set my Actors to Moveable now. Tho my Lightsources were set to Moveable already. Cooking my map now. Fingers crossed!

fingers crossed indeed!

Hm… it crashed again. I´ll try and upload my files.

If the download is not working leave a message.

Crash solved. It was related to my Groundclutter Actors. Deleted all of them now trying to set them up properly.
Thanks for all the help! :)))))))

What was wrong with the ground clutter that was causing it to crash? Just asking so if other people have this problem.

My guess would be either Layer ID´s or the objects that were placed. I´d have to reproduce it first

sorry for the late reply - i will be fairly busy tonight, but, i do plan on opening your map up and taking a look. I had it open last night and was poking around and i didn’t see anything else that would cause an issue. At least not in the stage i received. I can look at the clutters as well and see whats going on in there. My old computer eats ADK for breakfast. Compiled your 7k+ shaders on the map in like 30 seconds lol. Cant wait to fire up the actual dev machine and see how well it does

Thanks and no rush :slight_smile:

I´m just glad to recieve help and that I can finally start working on the map again. There´s still alot I have to figure out at later stages. E.g setting up the IBL Captures, custom spawn map, missing objects/texture etc.
It´s running now that´s all that counts!
I probably try and reproduce the error this weekend.

Some WIP Pics