Look Alive Plugin: Special Eyes for your Characters

Hey Black great Plugin. Works great. The only thing I can’t do is the above. Can you post a screenshot of this constructor Blueprint so I can copy it. Cheers :slight_smile:

Here you go.

Construct.jpg

Cheers thats great.

Of course your customers are going to be entitled.
They’re entitled a working product and to be frank, the number of jobs you work should not need be a consideration for them as they purchased your product, not your work history.
Take it from a fellow marketplace creator, good service to existing customers helps create more sales as satisfied customers will often return to see what else you have published. :smiley:

The product is working. The issue is “This product is not working the way I think it should, therefore I declare it not working at all, therefore you should have made it they way I wanted.”

Hi ,

Look Alive is pretty slick and a great buy $4.99. I would like to use Epic’s Eye Material. Can you provide a Skeletal Mesh Eyes (SK_Eyes) compatible with the Epics Eye Material & UVs?

^This.

Also I wanted to know if this emulates saccades (the way that eyes move by suddenly snapping when looking around, but not when tracking a moving object)

English subtitles are available for this next one:

In order to get the UVs to match properly I would probably need to borrow the actual mesh and I do not have permission to redistribute it. However, it should not be hard for you to export the mesh and rig it yourself, then make a subclass of the LookAlive component that drives the dilation of the pupil in the material instance from the dilation parameter of the component.

I think the current version (marketplace is one version behind current) of the animation blueprint emulates saccades quite well. The eyes will pop without blending to its focus and then smoothly track it in the focused state while in the wandering state they move smoothly.

I seriously did not expect that answer lol

That’s really good news, thank you :slight_smile:

Hi , I appreciate your response. I understand per submission guidelines “Before submitting your content, please remove any Epic sample or template content. Only content that you are personally selling should be included.” I’m no modeler/animator so I would anticipate the addition of a custom Eye Mesh/BP compatible with the Epic Eye Material would boost sales:)

I’ve found an effective workaround by attaching custom Eye Static Mesh Component to each of the LookAlive Component by Bones: Eye_L/Eye_R, hiding the geometry. This method allows me to use the LookAlive parameters to adjust orientation/scale/animation/etc of custom Eye Geometry just like the SK_Eyes geometry.

This workaround leads me to believe that providing a version of the SK_Eyes with Skeleton and NO geometry would be the most flexible solution, allowing users to attach any type of Eye Mesh to the SK_Eye Bones. In fact, this approach could lead to no-impact refactoring of the current design separating Eye Mesh from Skeleton, attaching mesh to bones in code, allowing attachment/detachment in Blueprints.

Hey that’s good to know, I’ll consider this method myself once I get around to picking up this addon. :slight_smile:

The marketplace has been updated to the current version of the plugin so everybody should find the animations easier to tweak with the new parameters in the component itself.

EyeManga3D + LookAlive Addon. Learn More about EyeManga3D here.

Any news when this will be updated to 4.14?

Hey just bumping this again in case you missed my last message. Are there any plans to update to 4.14 or any workaround you can think of that will allow me to use it with 4.14?

Hey just bumping because I’m still looking for an answer to see will this be updated to 4.14. I’ll send you a PM also in case you’re not getting notifications for these posts.

Did he get back to you with a PM? I’m looking to find this out also but I wouldn’t even bother asking him after the last way he spoke to me.

@ Tír na nÓg Games I’m sorry. I submitted the 4.14 update some time ago and I can confirm that it is available through the marketplace. Are you saying that it will not install to the 4.14 version of the engine?

Thanks for that. The last time I tried it was about a week or two ago and it was still 4.13 at that point. Thats perfect now. I’ll update it when I get home from work.

A lot of people have asked me to use the shading model from the epic character rendering demo. Today, I am pleased to anounce that I am submitting version 3.0 of the plugin as I write this.

New eye model, new eye material, new hand-painted textures. I’ve done away with using instances to change eye color and incorporated appearance controls into the Look Alive Component. Keep checking your launcher for an update.