Localization with Unreal Editor for Fornite?

How can I implement texts in different languages ​​with localization in unreal editor for fortnite (UEFN)? I have seen that unreal 5 has something called localization dashboard but I can’t find that option in UEFN.

Localization for text is not supported at this time HOWEVER what you can do is create Localized assets for different languages. What you could do is have your text’s etc as textures and then Right click the main Texture and press Create Localized asset for example spanish

Then you will see a folder in your content drawer named L1ON

Inside there you will see all the languages that you have setup for localized assets so far in this case es for spanish

Inside there you will see the asset that you pressed create localized asset on (In this example a image)

For images what you can do is right click and press Re-Import with new file and then you can select the image you want people playing with spanish language to see

Depending on the circumstances you might not need to necessarily replace it, For example if you have a custom UI widget you can just edit it and just straight up edit the text inside it to be spanish. Hope this can be of help

One thing to note is some languages also copy from similar ones for example if you translate something to spanish anyone playing on spanish latin america language will see the spanish so you dont have to double translate. But if you translate something only in spanish latin america it wont be translated to people who use spanish as their language option in the client so keep that in mind

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the detailed response! I’m still new to creating maps so I have very basic knowledge of how certain things work.

1 Like