Localization is VERY Important

This system doesn’t support data coming from sources other than blueprints or code.

We’ve got data in non-UE4 formats coming in, that data contains localization keys that it would be nice if UE supported. It looks like we will have to hack up our own solution, either a modification to the GatherText commandlet, or something else.

This system wasn’t well thought out if it doesn’t support localized data not defined in code or blueprints.

Hi Backov,

I’m sorry you’re having trouble. If you could post more details about your problem on AnswerHub or in different thread (as this one has sort of come to a close and I don’t want to dilute the information already provided here) I’d be happy to work you through them. The system supports gathering from text files (albeit using a specific formatting) and asset files out of the box, but can be extended to gather from any other source.

The system is designed with multiple integration points for custom technology so I’m sure we can work out a solution. That being said since it is a custom non-UE4 format you’d like to use you’ll have to write some code to integrate it into the UE4 localization system.

We recently published some official documentation for our localization system.

Better late than never.

We are also currently working on an in-editor UI to manage all these settings. It should boil all the technical details down to pressing one of three buttons (Import, Export, Gather).

Oooh excellent, looking forward to that update