Live link facial animation deformed after new Metahuman release

Copying the mocap folder and pasting it into a project folder with the Metahuman 5 worked! Now the animation works again. :slight_smile: Thanks so much!

I copied the folder /Megascans Library/Downloaded/UAssets/[random project id]/Tier0/asset_ue/MetaHumans/Common/Common/Mocap to /Unreal Projects/[project name]/Content/MetaHumans/Common/Common/Mocap (overwriting the previous folder) in a brand new project and I am still having the issue.

That’s probably because you copied it from the Quixel Bridge library, which will have updated Metahuman 5 files, so the wrong ones. You need to copy the mocap folder from an (older) UE project that has a Metahuman 4 in it and copy over those files.

So your older project with Metahuman 4 will be: [project name]\Content\MetaHumans\Common\Common\Mocap

And it’s that folder you have to copy over to your new project that already has a Metahuman 5 imported. You will need to do this for every new project and every new Metahuman you import.

1 Like

Thanks so much! This fixed it!!!

For anyone else where it might take awhile to generate this folder, I zipped mine up that you can download and use to replace. Maybe saves people some time:

19 Likes

This totaly works for me!

替换一下52BS的命名
Replace the animation pose of 52bs

EyeBlinkLeft
EyeLookDownLeft
EyeLookInLeft
EyeLookOutLeft
EyeLookUpLeft
EyeSquintLeft
EyeWideLeft
EyeBlinkRight
EyeLookDownRight
EyeLookInRight
EyeLookOutRight
EyeLookUpRight
EyeSquintRight
EyeWideRight
JawForward
JawLeft
JawRight
JawOpen
MouthClose
MouthFunnel
MouthPucker
MouthLeft
MouthRight
MouthSmileLeft
MouthSmileRight
MouthFrownLeft
MouthFrownRight
MouthDimpleLeft
MouthDimpleRight
MouthStretchLeft
MouthStretchRight
MouthRollLower
MouthRollUpper
MouthShrugLower
MouthShrugUpper
MouthPressLeft
MouthPressRight
MouthLowerDownLeft
MouthLowerDownRight
MouthUpperUpLeft
MouthUpperUpRight
BrowDownLeft
BrowDownRight
BrowInnerUp
BrowOuterUpLeft
BrowOuterUpRight
CheekPuff
CheekSquintLeft
CheekSquintRight
NoseSneerLeft
NoseSneerRight
TongueOut

Sorry if it’s a dumb question, but how do I edit /replace the blend shapes? I’m using live link for the mocap

This question is answered in this thread if you scroll up a bit. You have to copy the mocap folder of a Metahuman 4 in an EU 4.27 project over to a Metahuman 5 in a EU 5.0 project. You have to do this for every new project you make with the new Metahumans. The exact how to has been explained a few times in this thread.

I don’t have unreal engine 4 and started solely in unreal engine 5 does this mean I need to import a character to unreal engine 4 first and THEN copy the folder over?

Yes, install UE 4, import a Metahuman 4 character etc. But you can also just download the zipped Mocap folder marra_og uploaded a bit earlier in this thread.

1 Like

same problem

Same problem, and I don’t see a “Mocap” folder in any of the paths mentioned here. Copying the uploaded Mocap folder from this thread didn’t fix it either.

Okay, I got a bit further. For anyone else who still can’t get it working: there are two levels of “common” before the “mocap” folder.

[project name]\Content\MetaHumans*Common\Common*\Mocap

That being said, now my metahuman doesn’t move the beard hair.

I was hoping going back into 4.27 and adding a character with a beard (like Atoi) would update the mocap files and copying them would work, but it doesn’t appear to have updated anything.

Edit: This answer seems to have a clue: UE 4.26 Metahuman Hair, Eyelashes not moving with Metahuman Rig - #2 by storypilot1

The “binding asset” is blank for the hair that doesn’t move. I’m able to browse to binding assets that seem relevant, but once I select one, the dropdown goes blank again.

Edit 2: Finally got it working. See this thread if you’re still having issues: Metahuman missing Binding asset for some Groom asset - #8 by Rurrechuv I think it’s a problem with the MHC lighting project specifically.

1 Like

Hello everyone Faced the same problem. Not only do Groom Assets fly away from the head every other time, but also all the blendshapes do not work correctly. At first glance, everything works, but actually try to lower the lower jaw, you will notice how the animations are deformed incorrectly. Replacing the mocap folder is not the solution to the problem. The whole animation looks very strange. Not like in 4k with the old metahumans. In general, everything that can be broken… I really hope that this problem is solved on the Livelink side, where blend shapes will be renamed and an update will be released. Because it would be very strange to release an update for the Metahumans themselves and then import the characters again, and the project may not accept them at all if the metahumans folder was moved, etc. We need to solve the problem collectively and create a topic-a question in the support service, because a month has passed and a very important problem has not been solved. I understand if there would be information Planned and so on. But this is simply not there, sit and think when to defrost the production.

1 Like

UE-156973 Bridge Plugin 2022.0.5 - Hotfix for Metahumans 1.0.0 Release
Updated in 5.0.3!

No, they didn’t fix it, the update didn’t help.

I shared this info in another thread, maybe it helps.

Unfortunately, it didn’t help. We will wait for the Live Link Face update then. Thanks!

1 Like

Did you try pasting the mocap folder posted earlier in the thread? This solves the wrong blendshapes for me and I can use the app on Iphone again to capture facial animation.