Limit Launcher's download speed

Is this still seriously not a thing?
This thing that exists in the Steam client, the Blizzard client, even ubisoft’s awful Uplay client is “non-trivial”?
I can’t limit the 7.5GB Fortnite download to let the rest of my house maybe also use the internet in the next half hour or so?
Can’t you give us a magnet link and let us torrent, or just put the game on steam, until you get a working client?

Over 2 years ago this request was created and still nothing. What the hell is wrong with you?

I am a Steam , but I had to use that Epic launcher in order to play with friends on Fortnite. I was just shocked that this feature doesn’t exist on this client! Double shocked that this deal breaker has been requested years ago. It’s like what the hell are you waiting for Epic? Just do it already.

For now, I am using NetBalancer to limit the client, if anyone is interested.

I’m still desperately waiting for this feature as well. Due to marketplace submissions and ensuring functionality of assets between engine versions, I often times hog all the bandwidth that is shared between a 6 person rented university house. I know it’s a non-trivial thing to do, but I feel like it’s been on the list of things to do since 2015.

Thank you so much, I will certainly look into using that right now.

This whole scenario feels like a broken record that keeps repeating itself and no software developer takes it seriously. It took YEARS of begging/pleading/demanding the feature before Steam finally implemented it. Microsoft and its hamfisted approach is doing that now with its Windows 10 even though people have been begging for a throttling system for years. And more than two years of requesting a very important feature and Epic still hasn’t bothered to deliver. Almost nobody big prioritizes this. Seriously it’s a slap in the face of all consumers. Makes you just want to spew curse filled words of vitriol at somebody.

Blizzard I think was the only one to implement this feature from the beginning, and they even let you choose the download rate in a granular fashion, something even Steam doesn’t allow you to do.

Please add this feature. Friend stopped playing fortnite because the updates actually made him and his roomate hate each other

i’m writing this while epic game launcher maximising my 64mbps internet, i dunno if its a good thing that they deliver according to your bandwidth or it’s worth your family LOOKING ANGRILY at you like you a criminal causing them to boot out of their online games. please send help…

Bada bing, bada boom? If you need a junior developer, I can implement and test this feature for you, in a week. Guaranteed.

How utterly embarrassing that this was originally asked for 4 years ago in this thread alone (and probably earlier elsewhere) and it still isn’t implemented.

Can you guys at Epic just admit you just don’t plan on doing this ever, or give a reasonable explanation for this behavior? Communication is key guys, you don’t look very good like this. In fact, you look like you don’t give a ■■■■ about your users.

Very sad the feature still hasnt been implemented. After all this time, i quit paragon early last year because of the constant issues with the epic launcher download. It’s also the reason i avoided any other Epic software because of the repeatedly bad experiences i had with the launcher.

I’ve tried the launcher since i upgraded my home to the NBN in Australia and the launcher is now crashing my HFC modem. Requiring me to do a power cycle of the modem after 3-8 minutes of the launcher downloading software.

Before you say (try another modem) sadly our NBN HFC network is locked to 1 type of modem only.

Just use some net shaper/bandwidth limiter. There are plenty of freeware ones (NetLimiter afaik has a free version).

Still waiting on Feature UE-13530 to be implemented after 2 years. Im just not going to update or use unreal till the feature is present, I’m having trouble figuring out why it hasnt already been added.
I cant have this single launcher eating my entire connection while im working.

Would you implement download speed limit once upon a time?

Agreed, and I think that EpicGames is ignoring this on purpose. This should get bumped up. A lot.

Wow. A thread from 2015 and the feature STILL hasn’t been implemented.

Guys, it is so important to decide how much bandwith you want to use, everytime i want to update fornite i have to leave the pc alone for 2 hours cause bandwith gets lost in it

Can’t believe it

+1 and a bit of text to reach 10 characters.

Holy moly, this feature request is over FOUR YEARS old and we’re still gagging for it.

???

I just installed Epic Launcher cause Sabnautica is free, but the download was eating my connection. Couldn’t find a bandwith limit setting in the client so i started googling to see if i’m missing something which brought me to this thread. All i have to say is, holy ■■■■! When this feature was requested dinosaurs still walked the earth and its still not implemented today, WOW.