Level Streaming setting for smooth unload

As of UE 4.12 I can’t find those options inside the Project Settings anymore.
Any feedback?

This issue has bothered us for more than one year. Does Epic have the plan to fix it?

So, bunch of people need this but the issue only has 2 votes (mine including) :confused: So of course Epic sees that there is no interest and backlogs it.

Votes doesnt matter much.

[=;605895]
Votes doesnt matter much.
[/]

Votes indicate community interest and we can have discussions to push for these to be resolved however votes do not set priorities for these reported issues or feature requests. We do pay attention to them, though!

We are actually investigating this now and expect to have improvements to reduce level streaming hitches (both loading and unloading) in 4.15.

Votes? This is a vital issue to our game. Then, We look for ward to getting 4.15 ASAP. Thank you .

[=motorsep;605802]
So, bunch of people need this but the issue only has 2 votes (mine including) :confused: So of course Epic sees that there is no interest and backlogs it.
[/]

Please go here to vote: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-10109)

4.15 will be released for 2017 looks like… and the request is from Q1 2015

[= Li;607500]
Please go here to vote: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-10109)
[/]

Eeh, I did. That’s why I said 2 votes (mine including)

As mentioned there are some improvements to streaming out sublevels in 4.15 both in terms of some optimizations to the cost of removing primitives from the scene but also in terms of amortizing the component unregistering cost across multiple frames, similar to how the registration cost is spread when loading in.

By default 1ms will be spent unregistering components per frame in batches of 5, and in Preview 1 these settings are modifiable from the CVars s.UnregisterComponentsTimeLimit and s.LevelStreamingComponentsUnregistrationGranularity

I’m just about to check in the changes needed to expose these parameters in the Engine - Streaming project settings, so in Preview 2 you’ll also be able to modify them from there.

Hopefully these changes will help you all out.

There is full description in that commit

Thank you very much for this feature! :cool:

this level streaming is lagging as hell. Any tips on this?

[=“Calibanul, post:35, topic:21222”]

this level streaming is lagging as hell. Any tips on this?
[/]

play in a standalone game instead of PIE.
PIE is never a measurement for a standalone game.