Launcher Crashes On Launch, then Crash Report Client also Crashes!?

At this point I’ve a hunch that something went wrong during installation. To be clear, I downloaded and ran the “latest download” “for PC” from my dashboard at https://www.unrealengine.com. I don’t know if that is potentially part of the issue or not, but I thought that might be of some help? I appreciate your continued assistance.

Hey! A new version of the Launcher was released, which I added in some extra logs which I hope will help debug your issue.

Please could you grab the latest msi from unrealengine.com and install it. Then make sure you are running with no commandline, and upload a new log and dmp for this new version.

You should be able to see at the beginning of a newer log the reported API version like <\br> LogInit: API Version: 2350904

Here is a zip containing both the log and the dmp following the crash.

Hrm the file I just downloaded and installed was API Version 2352264?

This close to just closing my subscription, this is ridiculous.

Hi ,

I’m sorry that it’s been a few days, Swifty has been out of office recently. I am going to get with our Portal team and see if we can have someone look through your logs as soon as possible. Please bear with us.

TJ

I am working with our Compatibility team so we can test your setup. Could you post a copy of your full dxdiag?

You can find it by going to the Start Menu > typing dxdiag into the Search Bar > then click ‘Save All Information’. Upload that text file.

Hey, so sorry for the delay! Looking at your new logs and dmp, they confirm that even with the extra checks added, the exact same crash occurs which shows unexpected behaviour of the D3D API, as alluded to previously. The fix will require engine team work, so please if you could work with TJ to get the info required.

I would however like to continue to try getting you un-blocked, and to have a bash at getting you running opengl. Previously the opengl would crash when you add the arg, but i have a fix for that particular issue. I’ve attached the missing opengl shaders (usually only shipped with mac) that you can drop into your launcher installation. Once unzipped, you should end up with the following files:-

C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Launcher\Engine\Shaders\StandaloneRenderer\OpenGL\SlateElementPixelShader.glsl

C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Launcher\Engine\Shaders\StandaloneRenderer\OpenGL\SlateVertexShader.glsl

When you have that, try running the launcher with just the -opengl arg again. Let us know how it goes.link text

There you are

Hi ,

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please try the suggestions from Swifty and reply back.

Thanks,

TJ

Using OpenGL with the included files seems to work, I’m finally downloading the actual unreal engine now through the launcher.

We’re glad to hear it’s finally downloading. If it doesn’t download correctly or the issue pops up again, please post back and let us know.

Cheers,

TJ

this also fix my problem

припинила роботу