Large useful blueprint function library (Morepork Games)

Does this work with 3.14 and were those made with c++ or just by creating functions in the blueprint interface?

Yes, they work on 4.13. They are not C++ (if they were, youā€™d have to convert to a code project to use a plugin properly).

Hi, I have a question about installation. I have tried a few times. I guess I just donā€™t know how to do it right. For me, the function library has no access to your macros. The references are broken. I get errors on compile. The macro nodes are called invalid macro graph or a unexpected macro graph. I have copied in all kinds of assets before. Does anyone know why this would happen with a Function library. Is it because I already have a function library in my project?

Are you going to be releasing the source code? Would love to learn from itā€¦! Thanks.

GameMaster, Iā€™ve had the exact same issue once, without any other function libraries.

OH, they are not C++ā€¦ I thought they wereā€¦ Just saw that. Disregard my source code request. <smiles>

Iā€™ve created a C++ plugin and it can be used in a BP only project just fineā€¦

Referring to this thread

That was a LONG time agoā€¦

Sorry just saw this - Iā€™ve seen this a couple of times when upgrading, and I think it just happens when you paste it all at once and the editor is ā€œnot awareā€ of the macros yet - I canā€™t remember which way around to do it, but if you paste in the macros first, SAVE them, then paste in the function library and compile it should work? Or it might have been function library first, then macrosā€¦ one or the other.

Feel free to bump that thread then saying you got it working in a packaged gameā€¦ no one else has. In that thread, Epic appeared to indicate that it was a huge job to get community plugins working in a BP only packaged project and that their ā€œinterimā€ solution (i.e. the editor compiles for you, meaning itā€™s still a code project) was staying for the foreseeable future.

This was in the thread that you highlighted:

Update
This issue with a failed packaging (first time i done this yesterday), seems to be related to VB 2013. However, recently UE begun supporting VB 2015, and it seems to be no issue to package my ā€œblueprintā€ project with 4.11.2 and VaRest included.

Donā€™t most developers have VS 2015 on their PC? Iā€™m a PC dude, so for the Mac folks maybe its an issue?

On another note, you should send a note to the folks at Epic and get spotlighted on the Thursday stream. Lots of people will find your functions usefulā€¦

That would be great if itā€™s actually fixed, but personally I wasnā€™t able to use plugins on a 4.13 BP-only project without it asking me to compile on cook (even if I was only enabling a default plugin i.e. Steam Subsystem). I even removed all engine versions, launcher etc from my PC, reinstalled blank, enabled plugin and cookedā€¦ still takes the liberty of compiling itself (I have VS2015 installed only). It works fine after compiling but after that I had to buy a Mac-mini just to compile the iOS version, since it became a code project the moment the editor compiled things. At some point Iā€™ll try plugins on a completely fresh PC (again), with a blank project, on a PC without compilation abilityā€¦ maybe itā€™ll work.

Thanks Spoondog. I just found the macros that were invalid it was the select bool macro. Anyway, I just replace the invalid macro with the right one in a few places and it compiled fine. No clue why it did that. Anyway, thanks for the library. You should ask for an unreal dev , a few of your functions should honestly be part of the engine.

hey Spoondog, love the functions and macros, i have a slight problem though, everything works great in 4.13, however in 4.14 im getting errors

[spoiler]

Warning Node  K2Node_EaseFunction_1 . The node won't be pruned as isolated one. The node is not pure, but it has no exec pin(s). Verify IsNodePure implementation in K2Node Ease Function.
Error Can't connect pins  ClassFilter  and  ClassFilter : Object Class is not compatible with Actor Class.
Error Can't connect pins  ClassFilter  and  ClassFilter : Actor Class is not compatible with Object Class.
Warning Node  K2Node_EaseFunction_49 . The node won't be pruned as isolated one. The node is not pure, but it has no exec pin(s). Verify IsNodePure implementation in K2Node Ease Function.
Warning Node  K2Node_EaseFunction_50 . The node won't be pruned as isolated one. The node is not pure, but it has no exec pin(s). Verify IsNodePure implementation in K2Node Ease Function.
Warning Node  K2Node_EaseFunction_51 . The node won't be pruned as isolated one. The node is not pure, but it has no exec pin(s). Verify IsNodePure implementation in K2Node Ease Function.
Warning Node  K2Node_EaseFunction_52 . The node won't be pruned as isolated one. The node is not pure, but it has no exec pin(s). Verify IsNodePure implementation in K2Node Ease Function.
Warning Node  K2Node_EaseFunction_53 . The node won't be pruned as isolated one. The node is not pure, but it has no exec pin(s). Verify IsNodePure implementation in K2Node Ease Function.
Warning Node  K2Node_EaseFunction_1 . The node won't be pruned as isolated one. The node is not pure, but it has no exec pin(s). Verify IsNodePure implementation in K2Node Ease Function.
Warning Node  K2Node_EaseFunction_49 . The node won't be pruned as isolated one. The node is not pure, but it has no exec pin(s). Verify IsNodePure implementation in K2Node Ease Function.
Warning Node  K2Node_EaseFunction_50 . The node won't be pruned as isolated one. The node is not pure, but it has no exec pin(s). Verify IsNodePure implementation in K2Node Ease Function.
Warning Node  K2Node_EaseFunction_51 . The node won't be pruned as isolated one. The node is not pure, but it has no exec pin(s). Verify IsNodePure implementation in K2Node Ease Function.
Warning Node  K2Node_EaseFunction_52 . The node won't be pruned as isolated one. The node is not pure, but it has no exec pin(s). Verify IsNodePure implementation in K2Node Ease Function.
Warning Node  K2Node_EaseFunction_53 . The node won't be pruned as isolated one. The node is not pure, but it has no exec pin(s). Verify IsNodePure implementation in K2Node Ease Function.

[/spoiler]

Thanks for the report - it appears this is a bug with 4.14 and they have fixed it for 4.15:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/526492/new-ease-function-node-not-pure.html
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/524485/getting-a-warning-with-the-ease-node-saying-it-nee.html

But apparently theyā€™re only warnings and shouldnā€™t harm anything, just a bit of a pain having the warnings there.

Hi Spoondog

Iā€™m dying to get a hold of your functions and macros, but the zip that downloads from the link seems to be damaged.
I have tried downloading it several times but winrar and 7-zip claims it is invalid.

Oh and major thumbs up for sharing your hard work. Truely admirable :slight_smile:

Soren

Try using IZArc: http://www.izarc.org/ Unzipped fine for me.

Hmm, just downloaded and extracted with 7-zip OK here. The file/link hasnā€™t been modified in a long time - you might want to try again now, maybe Mediafire or your connection/browser was having some temporary issues?

Iā€™ve note tested every function / macro, etc. but it appears to work on 4.16ā€¦